Chapter Six

I woke up with a jerk. I sighed and looked at you. I smiled and got up. A saw a white horse come up and dragged Eugene away.

 "OOOOOOOOOOH!" he yelled as he woke up. "No, no! Put me down!" He yelled. ___ laughed. "Release him!" Rapunzel scolded the horse.

 The horse dropped him but kept his boot. "Ow," Eugene grunted. 

The horse reared up and neighed loudly. "Whoah whoah whoah, calm down boy," Rapunzel said, calming the horse. The horse grunted.

 "That's it, now sit, sit," Rapunzel told him. The horse sat down. "Good, now drop the boot, drop it!" Rapunzel said. The horse dropped the boot. "Good boy you're such a good boy yes you are!" Rapunzel said, petting the horse. I sighed.

 "Maximus.." Rapunzel said, picking up his name tag. We walked into town. Rapunzel's hair kept getting in the way. There were a bunch of girls braiding each other's hair and we got them to braid Rapunzel's. They also braided ___'s. I blushed and smiled. Eugene smirked at me and I looked away, elbowing him. 

There was a big dance in the center of town and Eugene and Rapunzel kept trying to dance with each other but people kept separating them. I held out my hand to ___. you shook your head, blushing. "I'm not much of a dancer," you said, touching the lily again. Why does she keep doing that? I wondered. "Neither am I, but I still want to try," I said. 

you grabbed my hand and we began dancing. We walked to the docks after we finished dancing. We jumped into a boat and rowed to the middle of the lake. 

We watched as thousands of lanterns were released into the sky. Rapunzel gave Eugene back his satchel. Rapunzel and I went to the front of the boat to watch the lanterns. 

___ touched my back and I turned to you. You smiled and we sat down together. Rapunzel touched a lantern that was about to hit the water and pushed it back up. 

A few minutes passed. 

____ leaned forward and I did too. Our lips almost touched before you stopped and leaned back. "uh oh, Eugene...."you said, elbowing him. "Oh no...." He said.

 He rowed us to shore. "Is everything okay? I asked. "Yeah, everything is okay.." ___ sighed. "There's just something we have to take care of," Eugene said, getting out of the boat. "I'm staying here, you know the real reason why," ___ said. Eugene nodded and left.