ELEVEN

"YOU'RE NEW. I haven't seen you before." Frances chuckled, a small smirk forming on her face as she looked the woman up and down. "This should be fun."

"I'm Detective Klein." The woman pushed the glass of water towards the blonde girl.

Frances couldn't help but roll her eyes at the woman attempting to make an effort with her. She didn't exactly get why they needed to swap detectives. She had Daniel wrapped around her little finger, it was almost humorous.

"Yeah, well, me and Dean here are on a first name basis, so please don't be offended if I only talk to him."

"We're going to continue with where we got to yesterday, if that's okay?" Dean questioned curiously, making Frances shrug in response.

"Not like I have a say anyway." She muttered, gaming a sip of the water, her eyes not breaking contact with Gretchen once.

The girl began to fiddle with the ring on her finger. She missed Kirin and badly. Every time she thought about him, her stomach flipped, both with excitement about when she'd next seen him again but also with anxiety about whether she would see him again or not.

"You know I haven't seen him since we got here." Frances began, her eyes flickering between the two detectives. "Kirin, I mean."

She didn't realise it, but her eyes weld up with tears. She ran her tongue over her chapped lips. She turned her head to look at the woman, she didn't trust her.

"He saved me so many times on the island. From stupid things like me staying behind to light a fire when the jaguar attacked and all the boys ran to the sea for safety." She paused with a chuckle. "That was stupid of me."

Frances eyes flickered down to the 'K.O' engraving. She smiled, remembering how many promises were made on the ring.

"And then he saved me from more serious things." Her finger lightly ran over the scar on her stomach. She felt sick thinking about that day. She genuinely thought that she was going to die that day.

"What happened?" Gretchen questioned, letting curiosity get the better of her.

"That's a story for another time, Klein." Frances muttered. "I've decided." She paused for effect. "Im not saying anything else until I can see Kirin."

Gretchen chuckled. She looked over to Dean knowingly. Both of them were the same. They both put one another before themselves.

"How did the relationship with Kirin start?" Gretchen questioned, ignoring the girls previous statement.

Frances just raised her brows and kept her mouth shut. She wasn't saying anything. Boredly, she ran her head along her shoulders, cracking her neck as she did so before narrowing her eyes back onto the detectives.

"You must have felt safe with him, other wise you wouldn't want to see him." Gretchen continued, writing down a few notes.

The blonde knew that the notes were there just to scare her and that Gretchen didn't actually have anything usefully to write down yet.

"What if we told you he didn't want to see you again?" She questioned.

The girls face fell. She didn't exactly think about whether Kirin would want to see her again, but they promised they'd keep in touch with one another after they got out of the island.

"He didn't say that." Dean scowled. He had a soft spot for the girl and he didn't know why, but he did know that it would probably cost him his job. "In fact, he said the exact same thing as you."

Frances eyes lit up once she heard the door creak open and saw Kirin walking in with Daniel. She scraped back the chair and rushed towards the boy.

She wrapped her arms tightly around his shoulders and buried her head in his neck, taking in his familiar scent. Tears brimmed her eyes, she never wanted to let go.

Kirin's arms wrapped tightly around her waist. Everything felt better now that she was in his arms. He was at ease now that he knew she was safe.

"I'm glad you're okay, baby." Kirin whispered into the girls hair.

He tried to pull away to get a look at the girl, to make sure that she was okay. But instead she tightened her grip on him and whispered,

"Not yet."

She wasn't ready to let go. She wanted to stay in his arms. She wanted to feel safe.

"I don't trust them." Frances whispered, her fingers combing through the ends of his hair. "Don't say too much."

Gretchen cleared her throat, making the couple pull away from one another. Kirin didn't hesitate in pulling Frances behind him, linking their hands together tightly. He had to bite back a grin when he realised she was still wearing his ring.

"Aren't you two just the cutest?" She fake cooed, clasping her hands together before she motioned for the two seats opposite her. "Please sit, we'd all like to hear more about your relationship on the island."

Frances pulled Kirin to sit down with her, she noticed his hesitance, so she ran her thumb over his healing knuckles.

"Kirin found out that I was a girl on the first day and kept my secret. He'd keep an eye out whilst I cleaned off or watched over me whilst I slept to make sure I was safe." She smiled over to the boy.

"I know what boys can be like, I didn't want her to get hurt." Kirin muttered.

"And what made you, Frances, think that he wouldn't hurt you?" Daniel questioned curiously.

Kirin seemed angered by the accusation. Frances looked over to the boy with softened eyes, she nodded gently before saying,

"I trusted him. It's rare. It's something that doesn't happen often for me. But I knew I could trust him."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan