THIRTEEN

"IT WAS MY idea to move the food and to camp on a higher ground for at least one night." Frances spoke up. "None of the boys thought that it was important enough to move the food or us from camp."

She was back with the two male detectives. She held a proud smirk on her face, knowing that she probably drove the woman away.

"Naturally, Seth disagreed with me. But he was quickly outvoted." Frances spoke superiorly. "Kirin put him in his place when he disagreed with me."

She chuckled at the memory. She'd never seen Kirin so angry when Seth ignored her. Frances knew that he was just anxious that Ivan now knew about her. But she couldn't help but get the cliche butterflies when he went to protect her.

D A Y    F O U R T E E N

One by one they all climbed onto a cliff, hoping that it would keep them safe from the jaguar. Kirin had made sure that Frances was stood beside him and that they were at the opposite end from Ivan. But unfortunately for Frances, that meant she was stood awfully close to Seth.

"This is probably my trick ass brain getting all creative on me, but I feel like I still smell food." Ivan admitted, his voice laces with nerves.

"I bet it's me." Josh chuckled anxiously. "My pores really express what I've eaten and lately it's been all that spam."

"Well, I don't hate it, Joshua." Ivan admitted, taking a quick glance towards Frances.

The blonde girl offered him a closed lips smile, not that Ivan could see her face since she had her hood up and Kirin's hat on.

Kirin gripped the girls waist tightly, pulling her closer to him. He was worried that she'd fall off the edge. Frances looked up to the boy, her stomach flipping once he sent her a wink. He tried to play off his anxieties, not wanting her to catch onto the fact that he was overly worried.

"You doing alright Bo?" Raf asked once he saw the anxious look written on the boys face.

"Yeah." Bo nodded.

"You wanna take my spot?" Rafe questioned with an innocent smile. "There's a little bit more space."

"No, no. It's okay. I'm used to being scrunched up." Bo chuckled, making him nearly slip.

Frances tried to reach out for him, making Kirin pull her back into his chest. There was no way that he was letting her risk her life to save someone else. Not again.

"We've got you. You're good." Raf placed his hand on Bo's shoulder reassuringly. "And you're definitely taking my spot. There's a ton more-"

"No. No. Maybe later." Bo shrugged. "I gotta go pee now."

Frances could tell that there's something else going on with Bo. He was more anxious than usual and it wasn't because of the cliff or the jaguar.

"Can't you just pee off the side?" Seth questioned as he watched Bo go and attempt to climb down. "It's gonna be a real pain getting up and down."

"I need to pee too." Frances whispered, mainly to Kirin.

"Hold it." Kirin whispered back, his grip on her waist tightening, not wanting her to leave.

The blonde looked up to the boy with furrowed brows. She let go of a small chuckle and shook her head. She lightly pattered his chest saying,

"I'll be fine. I'll go with Bo." Frances didn't give Kirin a chance to say anything back before she pulled away from him and climbed back down the cliff.

Frances rushed after the boy, wanting to make sure that he was okay. She weaved her way through the trees to catch up with him.

"Bo?" Frances called, her voice going much deeper to hide the fact that she was a girl as Bo still didn't know. "Are you alright?"

Bo just nodded in response as Scotty rushed up to them. Frances lowered her head some more, cleaning her throat before saying,

"I'm going for a piss, meet back here once you're done?" She asked curiously. Both Bo and Scotty nodded towards the girl and began walking off in the opposite direction.

Once the girl had peed she headed back to the spot that she told Bo and Scotty that she would meet them back at. She furrowed her brows when she heard them talking. She could see them around, so she decided to go see if she could find them.

"Okay, that wasn't me." Scotty announced.

"Hey, no. That was me. Sorry guys." Frances spoke up once she came out of the trees.

Relief flooded over both Scotty and Bo once their eyes landed on Frances.

"Jesus Phineas, you scared us." Scotty snapped, his hand resting over his heart.

Frances put her hands up in defence, and as an apology. When they heard the branches snap again all three of them turned to where they had just walked from. None of them dared to move. They all just stood and stared at each other.

When they heard the snarl, that's when they all started running back to the cliff. It didn't take them long to get to the cliff, but there was only two vines to climb up.

"It's behind us!" Scotty shouted once the cliff was in sight.

Frances was just head of the two boys, so she had plenty of time to climb up before they even got there. She mentally thanked her brother for making her run suicide laps with him nearly every day to keep his anger in control.

Kirin gripped the girls wrist and pulled her up on the cliff and behind him, so that he knew she was safe but also so that he could help Scotty and Bo.

Frances grimaced once Bo let go of a scream. The jaguar had bit him, causing an immense pain to seat through his body. The girl panicked, looking around until her eyes landed on a rock beside them. She threw it down at the jaguar.

The boys all quickly caught on and began finding rocks to throw down too until the jaguar released Bo from it grip and he was up on the cliff with them all, safe.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan