SIXTEEN

FRANCES SAT IN silence. She hated being alone but it was much better than been interviewed constantly with no break. She wondered what the others had it like. If they were constantly being drilled or if they had it easy because they were all boys.

The time alone gave Frances a chance to think about all that she had been through over the past few years. Everything with her brother, with her dad, with Seth and with Kirin.

She missed her family, even though it was highly dysfunctional. Despite Phineas making her feel unsafe at times, she missed his company. She missed her mom pushing her to do better at school and the way her dad always wanted to shelter her from the outside world.

She just wished that he could have sheltered her from the island too.

D A Y F I F T E E N

Frances didn't exactly want to help in making the trap for the jaguar, despite knowing that in the long run, killing the cat would save their lives.

She was all about self preservation, she wanted to stay alive and go back home. That's why she came up with the idea for rationing and starting a fire as well as building a shelter. She knew that if it was left up to the boys then nothing would have been done to keep them alive.

But this, this was something she just couldn't do.

The blonde felt sick to her stomach. Memories of Phineas killing the defenceless animals flooded her mind. The first time was the worst with the neighbours cat, every other time she cleaned up after him so that her dad wouldn't leave. Not that it worked out.

"Excuse me." Frances pushed past Ivan, running behind a tree to vomit.

Her eyes stung with unshed tears. Frustratedly, she wiped the corners of her mouth. Right now she desperately wished that she had some anti-sickness tablets. Although, she was sure that if she asked Josh, that he would probably have some.

"Franny?" Kirin walked up to the girl slowly, his hand resting on the small of her back.

Frances' hands rested on her knees as she hunched over. The way that Kirin's hands rubbed circles into her back soothed her slightly.

"Are you okay?"

The girl looked up to Kirin, a soft smile forming on her face once she saw how worried about her he really was. His eyes hadn't left her, he didn't even bother to check if anyone followed him after her. He just needed to make sure that she was okay.

"Memories." She nervously chuckled.

She wanted to open up to him, he'd given her no reason not to trust him. She wanted to let him in on the little details of her life, even if they were traumatising to her.

If they were to be stuck on this island for the rest of their lives, she was going to need someone to talk to. Someone to confide in. And she wouldn't mind that person being Kirin.

"You have memories of killing a jaguar?" Kirin wanted to laugh, but from the look on the girls face, she was being completely serious and trying to open up to him.

"Not exactly a jag and not exactly me." She whispered back.

Frances pulled down her hood, running her hands over her pale face. She couldn't imagine how she looked right now, but from the way Kirin was looking down at her it felt as if she was the prettiest person in the world.

Kirin pulled the girl into his chest, one of his hands cupped the back of her head, the other held her waist tightly.

A smile formed on her face as she listened to his steady heart beat. It was soothing to her. His lips pressed against her temple, making a blush rise to her cheeks. He had this kind of affect on her that she liked.

"We've set the trap." Ivan announced, he had offered to go and look for the pair because he was the only one who knew about Frances true identity. He didn't know what she or Kirin would be doing and he wanted to protect her.

Kirin pulled Frances behind him but nodded nonetheless. Frances rested her head in the crook of the boys back, taking a deep breath in of his familiar scent before pulling her hood back up and heading back towards where the trap was set.

"You guys think we could all put our hands in and do that shout again?" Bo questioned with a warm smile as he looked around at everyone.

He was met with silence. But Frances couldn't help but smile at his innocence. She twirled Kirin's ring around her finger and pursed her lips, waiting for someone to respond to Bo.

"What? I liked it." Bo admitted.

"No. Now we're on ground zero, we have to be as stealthy as the jag we're hunting." Henry announced, bringing his pointer finger up to his lip to shush everyone.

Kirin held back a smug smirk as he noticed the girl fiddling with his ring. It gave him a sense of pride. He liked knowing that she belonged to him, that out of everyone on the island, she wanted him.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan