Chapter One

Chapter One: The Start of a Low Balling Girl

A/N if you see the name Shyane it's just the old name I had for Willow (MC's Mother)

Five year old Rayla listened to the loud argument coming from her parents.

"What do you mean you're pregnant! I told you we'd just stick with Rayla!"

"It's not my fault! That's just what happens when you do things without the other person knowing!"

"If you're implying that I lied to you about wearing it, you're full of shit!"

"What else could have happened then!?"

"Cheater! I'm not your first husband who says I'm your last!?"

"You absolute douchebag! My last husband got himself a free ticket to Azkaban! Are you going to Azkaban Cain, huh?"

"Not unless you get a damn abortion you cunt!"

"I don't want one!"

"Are you against it or something!?"

"I'm not against it you dumbass! I just don't want to! It's not that hard to understand that some people actually want to be there for their children!"

"You stupid bitch! YOUR RUINING MY LIFE AND YOU KNOW IT!"

"YOU'VE TAKEN CARE OF RAYLA WHY NOT ONE MORE!? WE HAVE THE MONEY! I DO EVERYTHING ANYWAYS! THINK ABOUT IT NEXT TIME YOU SLIP A DAMN CONDOM OFF YOU SELFISH ASSHOLE!"

"THAT'S IT I'M DONE! I'm leaving you, that baby, and Rayla! And you know what!? If you're worried about her having no dad, do what you did to me!"

And with that Cain Murphy stormed out of the house.

Willow dropped to the floor and began to sob. She threw off her wedding ring and held the necklace she always wore close to her heart. She always told Rayla it was a gift from her favorite aunt, who coincidentally warned her against Cain.

The young girl slowly walked out of her room and over to her mother.

"Mummy, why did daddy act like that when you told him about the baby?"

"Because sweetheart Daddys a repulsive coward."

"Oh. Mommy what did you do to daddy? He said you did something to him."

"Oh I didn't do anything. He knew about my ex husband and married me anyway."

"So what you did to him was have an ehx?"

"Well... y-yes..." Willow held Rayla close to her and cried a bit more. "Don't worry baby. I didn't need my ex husband and we don't need this one. Everythings going to be ok."

"Is Daddy coming back?"

"..."
"No."

Eleven year old Rayla sighed.

"Hey Mum?"

"Yea hun?"

"Why do I go to muggle school?"

"It's just until your Hogwarts letter arrives. I'm not home all day and I need you to be safe."

"Ok...." Rayla trailed off hinting at something.

"Yes you can go see if your letter has arrived yet." Her mother said with a laugh."

Rayla ran out the door and sure enough on her front step was a brown letter. She ripped it open and read the fancy handwriting.

"MOM IT'S HERE!" Rayla said, running into the kitchen.

Willow quickly handed Thomas his cereal, which he quietly took behind the couch to eat (don't ask), before running over to her.