19 | Preparations [1]

—🧸🎀🌸—

The sun filtered through the windows of the university hallway. The air was fresh with a summer scent and you felt as light as a feather.

You'd just turned in your last exam that you were sure you aced since biology is your strongest subject.

You hummed a soft tune with a skip in your step all the way towards the school's library. Gahyeon was begging you to meet up before her last final to cram some more.

You find your friend at a table in the corner behind the bookshelves. The perfect secluded spot to study.

"Gahyeonie! I missed you!" You gave her a tight hug while she was still seated earning you the pleasure of her contagious giggle.

"I missed you too!" She smiled watching you sit beside her, "I was getting so bored. I started reading the same sentence over and over." She yawned, throwing her hands in the air to stretch.

"I bet, physics sucks ass."

"As does anything that involves math" She retorted with a snort.

You snickered at her rebuttal. You honestly weren't worried about her passing, she was always better than you at calculating math so you knew she'd do well. Gahyeon was a smart cookie.

"Sooo...finals are over for you." She wiggled her brows at you mischievously.

You knew where the conversation was headed.

"So when is the meet up? Does Yugyeom know??" She bombarded, her entire body leaning towards you with wide and curious irises.

Of course she wasn't really here to cram with you. How could you not see her real intentions by now?

"I haven't talked to Yugyeom. He's been messaging me saying he's sorry and that he misses me, but I don't know if I'm ready to face him yet." You let out a sigh. "Especially about the undeniable conversation we'll be having about the guys and my relationship with them. I know him, he won't let it go so easily."

You were surprised he hasn't shown up to your place demanding answers from you. That was such a Yugyeom thing to do. You do miss him a lot too, but the fear that you'd have to sacrifice the people that made you happy kept you away.

You weren't willing to let them go.

"I just want him to be happy for me, ya know?" You lowered your head in defeat. Gahyeon gave your hand a loving squeeze while nodding to urge you to continue.

You love your brother to pieces, he was someone you could confide in. But you weren't sure if he could be that to you anymore; and that scared you as much as losing the guys.

In an ideal world you could have them all and everyone got along.

"I don't mind a little protectiveness but he always takes it too far...." You wanted to have healthy boundaries with him.

"I feel for you hun, I do. But maybe it would be good to talk? He probably feels terrible." Gahyeon suggested. "I think you should make clear boundaries, or else it'll never get better. I bet he's willing to listen after seeing how much he hurt you."

This is why you needed Gahyeon. She was always so right about everything.

"Maybe reach out to him after the meet up, you'll probably have a clearer head by then anyways." She pursed her lips after the idea.

"What would I do without you?" You tilted your head with a pout.

"I don't know...you'd probably fall apart babe..." She picked with her cuticles, her lips aching to form a smile.