1| she who descends from the sea

Garp leaned against the palm of his hand, feeling the dull rumble of the ground as he suspiciously observed his surroundings.

The richly furnished room he was in had a large ovalish table that sat dozens upon dozens of seats. Hanging above was a crystal chandelier that had an unnecessary attachment of a mermaid hanging down from the center. Windows the size of his body decorated the walls, revealing the beautifully large beige mansion at the heart of the city of nobility among the nobility, Mary Geoise.

He propped his feet up onto the table.

Perhaps if it were someone else, they would have been delighted to be here in Mary Geoise. He knew that there were many pirates, civilians included, who would do anything to have the chance to experience the life of a Celestial Dragon. Celestial Dragons were the Kings among Kings and lived a life of luxury on top of the Red Line.

But he was not someone else, and he was anything but happy.

He shivered as he felt a familiar cold hand ghost his shoulder, rubbing it almost reassuringly. His heart stopped, and he looked back.

Nobody was there, but that laughter oh that beautiful distant laughter that began to ring in his ear wouldn't go away.

Garp swallowed thickly. It made his gut turn and he shivered again, unable to shake the uneasy feeling in his stomach. He just wanted to go home and sleep under the warmth of his blankets. He was too tired, already hallucinating dead people from his lack of sleep. And lack of sleep made him tired and grumpy. He had enough stress from his job as is and this trip was going to be the breaking point. It was already taking all of his control not to blow up in somebody's face.

Most of it wasn't because of the job; being a Marine had nothing to do with his dislike towards Mary Geoise, even if that was the reason as to why he was here.

The ground rumbles again, and the chandelier begins to sway. Garp looks over lazily as the door to the room quickly slams open. His mood sours, and he grunts in acknowledgment.

The man wore a grim expression, his golden hair was curled upwards in a long segment slightly off-center. He was an older man, not like Garp's age, but was somewhere around there, wearing a large white suit with a large zipper on the front. His dark mustache was noticeably droopy, his beard a little unkempt, and the dark sunglasses that framed his elongated face had a thin crack running along the left lens.

"Garp the Fist," he greets with a frown, glancing up. He noticed the swinging chandelier.

"Saint Rosward," Garp replies back with a practiced smile, his eyes not quite matching his face. "Pleasure seeing you here. What can I do for you?"

Saint Rosward sniffs in annoyance.

"I want you to-"

Rosward sharply falls backward as another large tremor strikes Mary Geoise. The chandelier is swinging rapidly now, threatening to tear off its screws. Garp doesn't need to steady himself, but the violent shaking makes him feel vaguely uncomfortable. He can almost feel it again, that hand touching his shoulder, lips against his cranium-

The world calms.

Composing himself, Garp looks down to assess Saint Rosward. His breathing is irregular, his hair even more off-center than before, but other than that, he was fine. Garp stuffs his hands in his pockets, not offering a hand to help as Saint Rosward scrambles to his feet. And by the look on his face, he was embarrassed, having to be seen falling so pathetically.