Alice and Pups

Jewel's POV

It's been a week since Jacob visited. The night he did Bella had a nightmare and started muttering about wolves. The day after she went to the reserve to see Jake. While Charlie stayed home with me. He wanted to spend as much time with me as possible with me so close to term.

Bella started hanging out with Jake again and I could tell Charlie way happy about it. I don't like how Bella smells of the large predators whenever she gets home from the Reserve. So I've been avoiding being in her room. Bella seemed to notice and took to having a shower when she returned. She smelt like her after that.

Anyway Charlie is out hunting again and Bella was supposed to stay with me. As I haven't left my birth box or had anything to eat. I'm actually in a lot of pain. I think I'm in labour. Anyway Bella left, said something about cliff diving. She promised the be back in a few hours.

I'm laying in my birth box panting in discomfort. I am scared to give birth alone. What if there's a problem? I whine as another contraction hits. I perk my ears as I hear a car pull up. But I didn't recognize it. I bark weakly, hoping whoever it is would here and come help.

I soon hear the front door open and I get to my feet. As he stench of a Cullen fills my nose. I whine loudly and Alice appears. "Jewel" she says shocked and kneels beside me. Offering me her hand. I sniff it and lay my muzzle on it whining. "Where's Charlie? You shouldn't be alone" she states.

Another contraction hits and I whine. I turn around as I feel the urge to push. Alice takes out her phone and calls someone. She puts it on speaker. "Hi Alice, have you spoken to Charlie yet?" I hear Carlisle ask.

"No, he's not here and I think Jewel is in labour" she tells him.

"How far apart are the contractions?" he asks.

"They seem to be happening frequently and I think she's trying to push" she states.

"Nothing much you can do, she should do all the work. I'll send instructions of what to do if a pup isn't breathing. Call the vet if there's any complications" he tells her. She thanks him and hangs up. As I feel something leave me.

I look to see something in a sac. I bite through it and umbilical cord. Then start to clean my first pup as it squeaks quietly. Once I was sure it was clean, I guide it to a teat. When I feel another contraction. I groan and start to push again.

"You're doing excellent girl, keep up the good work" Alice praises me. Stroking me gently. Soon the second pup arrives and I repeat the same process again. Then another two times until all four of my pups are sucking at my stomach. "Awe they're beautiful girl" she tells me.

I wag my tail filling with pride. "You must be hungry, I'll get you some food and water" she states. She fills both bowls and brings them to me. I scoff down all the food and then drink some water. Before feeling tired. "Sleep girl, you deserve it" she tells me.

I know I should sleep. But I didn't want to take my eyes off of my four pups. Three are black and tan, the last has my colouring. The three black and tan are sleeping in a pile now. While the last pup is still drinking. I lick my pups fondly.

Once the final pup finished. I gathered them all together and curl up around them. Then finally let sleep take me. Falling into a peaceful sleep.

When I wake up I'm on clean bedding. I sniffed my pups and groom them as they wake whining. I guide them to my stomach and see more food for me. So I eat it and take another drink. I notice Alice boiling the kettle and yip.

"Hi girl, sleep well?" she asks me. I bark once wagging my tail and she smiles. Just then I hear Bella's truck outside and bark. I want her to see my pups. I bark again louder this time. "Quiet girl" Alice tells me. I just whine, wishing I could get up to greet Bella. But I didn't want to dislodge my suckling pups. So I wait for Bella to come inside, Alice by my side.

A/N

Picture above of Jewel with her pups and picture on the external link of Alice.