3

"REEFER RICK!" Dustin screamed, slamming his hand on the door again.

"Don't scream that." Y/n chastised, moving her flashlight around the tree line in search of any kind of sign that Eddie was here, or even still here. "I don't think anyone's here." She said, turning back to Steve and Dustin.

"Just He could just be really high," Dustin said, shining his flashlight into the house and ringing the doorbell an obnoxious amount of times. Y/n rolled her eyes and made her way to stand beside Max. It seemed as if she had picked up on something the others had not.

"Is that a foot?" She heard her brother ask.

"No, that's a shoe."

Max had in fact picked up on something the others had not. A tin shed, just on the edge of the lake. And the light above the door was open.

"Hey, guys?" Max called, grabbing the attention of the other three.

The shed was terrifyingly still, the four of them moving the flashlights around. Although he wouldn't admit it, Dustin was attempting to shield himself behind his sister and steve.

"Hello?" She called out "Eddie, are you here?"

She watched as Steve grabbed an ore from the wall and began stabbing the boat with it.

"What are you doing? What are you doing?" Dustin asked, staring bewilderedly at the man.

"He might be in here," Steve said, continuing to stab the tarp with the ore.

"So take the tarp off," Y/n suggested. Steve looked at her as if she had just suggested he jump off the roof.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off," He quipped, y/n just shook her head and continued looking at the same four corners.

"Hey, look over here," Max said, stopping in front of a bench full of trash.

"Someone was here," Robin confirmed.

"Maybe he heard us," Max suggested, "Got spooked and ran"

"Don't worry," Y/n chimed in with an overly happy tone to her voice, "Steve will get him with his oar."

"I know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight-"

Everything happened in less than 10 seconds.

Steve was cut off, Eddie jumping out from under the tarp and pinning him against the wall. A broken beer bottle against his neck. Y/n moved her arm out to shove Dustin behind her as she moved back to stand with Robin and Max.

"Eddie! Eddie! Stop! Eddie! Eddie! It's me," Dustin yelled from behind his sister, moving to the side to stand in front and centre of the group. "It's Dustin."

Y/n watched Eddie's frantic eyes scan his face, not lowering the bottle. She felt a pang of sadness in her chest. She knew exactly how he felt. It was the same way she felt the first time she had ever seen the Demogorgon. Paralysing fear, and the dread that came with knowing that there was no one you could turn to and tell.

Because who the hell in their right mind was about to believe the ramblings of a random fifteen-year-old girl, terrified out of her mind about an eight-foot-tall monster with no face and woes head would open up like a flower with thousands of little sharp teeth?

"This is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?" Dustin spoke, trying to relieve the tension in the room, speaking slowly and audibly.

"Right. Yeah." Steve said quickly, evidently trying to keep his voice from shaking.