18

a/n: here we are, the end... well not right now we still have an epilogue to do, but still. everything is over and they live happily. Vecnar is dead for real for real. Max is good and Eddie is thriving

"What the hell happened here?" Steve asked, his eyes settling on the Henderson siblings pouring over a half-dead Eddie.

Nancy knelt down beside her friend, moving her shaking hand from the wound. Her hands were stained with blood, and Nancy wasn't sure if it was hers or Eddies. The most likely answer was a horrid mixture of both.

"Nancy we need to help him, he's lost a lot of blood."

She knew that y/n was in shock, the girl had a significant amount of flesh taken out of her own arms and abdomen.

After the rest had showed up things were kind of a blur.

She does remember Dustin helping her back through the portal.

She does remember Nancy and Dustin cutting her ragged top off.

She does remember the flashing lights and the oxygen tank.

She doesn't remember what happened to Eddie.

She doesn't remember when her mother had showed up at the hospital.

And she definitely doesn't remember when the military had gotten involved.

She had been pumped full of pain killers for almost a week straight, scared and confused as to what was going on. She kept drifting in and out of consciousness for days on end.

When she was finally able to cling to consciousness for more than an hour, her brother had been right by her side.

"What the fuck?" She asked, looking at the huge arrangement of flowers at her bedside.

"Y/n?" He questioned, head looking up from his arms.

"Mmh," was all she was able to manage out. Her abdomen ached and her left arm was in a sling. "Eddie?" She managed out.

"Eddie's okay y/n, he's just down the hall. He's okay." he reassured.

A sense of relief filled her at the knowledge that Eddie was alive. He had managed to survive.

"Max?" Was her next question.

"Max isn't doing too well." Dustin had explained.

"Alive?"

"yeah, she's in a coma though. We think she's going to pull through."

There was a beat of silence shared between the two.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Y/n I'm perfectly okay."

She had to stay bed ridden for three more days. In those three days she was visited by everyone. Nancy had explained that the police had taken Jason in for questioning and it was looking like they were going to pin the blame on him.

"I mean I understand why they would think he killed Chrissy, I mean it's usually the boyfriend. I get Patrick, they were close. I kind of understand why they would think he went after Max, because he was mad at Lucas. But what about Fred?" She asked.

"Well, Fred did kind of start a rumour about him a few years ago. That was completely by accident, but it had almost gotten him kicked off the basketball team."

"So, you think he'll get the blame?" Y/n prodded.

"I mean, the paramedics saw you and Eddie the same night Max was... Lucas and Erica both claimed that Jason had attacked them. So I think Eddie is in the clear. The government has been questioning him for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if they come and talk to you soon too."

The two girls sat in a clam silence as Y/n absorbed this information.

"And Henry? He's dead?"

"Super dead. Apparently El exploded him or something. There's no way he's coming back from that and all the portals are closed."

Just as Nancy had predicted, the government had come into her room and questioned her extensively about the past week. She had given them only the information they had asked for, nothing more.

y/n lay back on her bed, two more days. That's all she had.

Luckily her mother had been able to drop off clean clothes for her the day before, so she was able to have a small sense of normality to her day stuck in this suffocating room.

There was a loud knock on her door.

"No more visitors!" she had called, wanting a moment peace to herself before Dustin, Mike, Lucas, came to visit before the end of visiting hours.

"Not even for me?"

At the sound of his voice, y/n had gotten out of bed and all but sprinted to the door, ripping it open and lurching forward to embrace the man on the other side. She couldn't help the tears that fell at the sight of him.

"Eddie, you had me so worried, i thought you were going to die." She practically sobbed into his chest.

"Me? I thought you were going to die." He replied.

"I love you." the words fell from her lips before she could really think about it. "I know we've only really been close for like three weeks. One and a half of which was spent apart in a hospital, but seeing you almost die like that. It's true, i do love you and it's okay if you don't want to say it back or feel the same way."

"What do you mean? There's no way in hell that I don't love you. You put you're life at risk to save me, i love you and I'll tell everyone even if they didn't ask."

They stood in the door way for longer than necessary, holding each other close just to make sure.

Make sure this way real.

They were real.

And they were alive and okay.

"How many more days do you have?" Eddie asked, pulling away from her slightly.

"Two more, what about you?"

"I have two as well."

"You should probably go back, I'm expecting the boys to come see me." She explained.

Eddie simply nodded his head, leaning forward to kiss y/n, maybe for a little longer than necessary.

"I love you, sweetheart." He said, before turning to leave.

"I love you too Eds." she replied.

"Eds? That's new."

y/n sent him a wide smile as he walked back down the hall to his own suffocating room.

Everything's fine.

Everything's good.

It's all just perfect.