7

"What's this?" Y/n asked, sitting up in the boat to look at the plate presented before her.

"Pancakes," Eddie said, grinning excitedly at her. "I'm not very good at cooking, so sorry if they're burnt." He said, placing the plate on her lap.

He watched her tentatively as she ate the pancakes.

"They're good." She affirmed, taking another bite. She had to suppress a gag as she chewed the burnt and bitter pancakes.

Why were they bitter?

"Oh also," He said, snapping his fingers as he remembered. "Uh, if you want, you can go into the house and like. Have a shower or something if you want."

Y/n deliberated for a second.

"I don't have a change of clothes." she stated, putting the half-eaten plate of 'pancakes' beside her before hopping out of the boat gracelessly.

"Oh uh," he said, thinking for a moment. "Wait, I think I have some clothes in my van you can borrow. Mostly shirts, though," he stated, patting each pocket on his body in search of his keys. When he did find them, he pulled them out and handed them to her.

"My van is parked behind the house." He told her, handing his keys to her. She nodded her head and left the shed in search of his van.

She looked down at the keys in her hand and couldn't help but be amused at the seemingly hundreds of keyrings attached to the two keys. She unlocked the van, climbed into the back and searched for the aforementioned shirts. She kicked a few bits of rubbish around with her foot, and eventually found the shirts. Several of which were hellfire cub shirts that looked a little too small for her. A few were just plain white but had several suspicious stains on them. Eventually, she found a shirt that was clean enough and looked like it would fit her.

She entered the house, stopping when she saw the time displayed on the clock in the kitchen.

"How the fuck is it already one?" She asked no one in particular, shaking her head and walking towards the bathroom.

Eddie sat in the shed, staring up at the rafters from the floor of the boat. The conversation he had with y/n the night before playing in his head, the way she had so easily opened up to him. It made him feel... important and trusted.

There was an odd feeling in his chest when he would look at her. Something warm and soft. Hell, he had woken up early to make her pancakes. He doesn't even make pancakes for himself.

He thought back to the very first time they had ever spoken, it was sometime in late December.

He was late to class, dragging his feet as he walked the halls.

God, how had he been unlucky enough to be stuck with Mrs Harrell for another year. He pushed the door open, stalking to the back of the room and taking a seat in the only empty chair. He didn't listen as the teacher berated him and continued with her rambling.

He had zoned out, thinking about his campaign that afternoon.

He was pulled out of his thoughts at the feeling of a tap on his shoulder. He looked up, glaring at the person who dared interrupt him.

But when he registered who it was, he was taken aback slightly.

She smiled at him, causing his chest to flutter slightly.

"Hey, do you want to be partners?" she asked, not letting him answer before pulling an empty seat to the side of his desk.

"Uh sure," he said.

Initially, he had been sceptical. Why was the prettiest girl at Hawkins high, the y/n Henderson, talking to him Eddie 'the Freak' Munson?

He saw the way the people side-eyed them, the whispers that rippled across the classroom. But she didn't care, she spoke to him the same way she would speak to anyone else, she didn't look at him any differently.