10

"You stay here," Y/n spoke into the side of Eddie's neck.

He hummed sleepily as Y/n untangled their limbs.

"I'll be back, don't get caught." She said. He hummed once again.

y/n got up, wrapping the leather jacket around her slightly as she trenched her way towards the construction site she knew was nearby. Sadly, their only means of communication had been destroyed in the flurry of last night.

She jumped with silent joy as she spotted an unattended walkie. She grabbed it with practised ease and began making her way back to skull rock.

"Eddie, I found a Walkie!" She announced in excitement, sitting back down beside his still sleepy frame. He watched on as Y/n fiddled with the buttons and knobs until she stopped. "Got it," she said.

"Dustin, I swear to every God there has does and will ever exist that if you don't pick up, I'll kill you."

"Y/n, Eddie?" Came Dustin's voice from the other side.

Y/n and Eddie both sighed in relief.

"Are you guys okay?" he asked.

"Oh sure," She said, her voice rising an octave as the sarcasm dripping from her voice like venom. "Everything's fine, everything's good. It's all just perfect."

"No need to be so bitchy." Dustin shot back.

Y/n scoffed at her brother's antics.

"Oh sure, I'd like to see you fight off three basketballers on the lake while one of them flies in the air as all his bones break. So sorry if I'm a little bitchy Dustin but I'm on edge because no one answered our SOS calls last night and Eddie could have died."

Silence.

"Where are you guys?" Came Robin's voice this time.

"Skull Rock. That's near Cornwallis and Garrett," she explained.

"Okay, we're coming to get you guys. Don't go anywhere," Dustin instructed. "I love you, y/n."

The older girl rolled her eyes at her brother's voice.

"I love you too, Dustin." she sighed, putting the walking down.

She groaned loudly, pulling her knees to her chest and burying her face in her arms.

"You alright?" Eddie asked.

She looked up, glaring daggers into him.

"Yeah, that was a stupid question. I'm sorry." He said, sliding his arm over y/n's hunched shoulders.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just- I don't know,"

Eddie could feel his chest tightening at the trembling of her voice.

"I feel like it isn't fair for me to be stressed, I'm supposed to be here to protect you, and I could barely do that."

He could tell she was crying but was attempting to hide it. Not well at that.

"Hey, hey. Y/n," he said, cupping her cheeks and propping her head up so she could see his sincerity. "It's okay to be stressed, especially right now. You have to stop putting yourself second all the time. Besides, you totally saved my ass back there, if you weren't there, I would have definitely died."

"But-"

"No," he cut her off, "No buts, sweetheart. From now on, Y/n is number one, okay?"

She sniffled, wiping the tears from her face.

"Okay." she nodded

"Good girl," he said, pulling her forward into a tight hug.

When they pulled apart again, y/n was smiling at him.