Chapter 2: Aisa's Gifts

Kairos pulled out a bag from his time-space ring and opened it in front of the fifteen, "Alright, with six weeks, there should be plenty of time. Before we head off, each of you should take one of this."

Within the bag is a whole bunch of meat-smelling fruits. A quick glance shows that the bag is filled to the brim, a rough estimate, and they could tell that there are likely over fifty are within.

He handed each of them a fruit, and they couldn't help looking gratifyingly at their young lord. Although they are unable to identify what they had been given, there is no doubt from the amount of powerful energy it is emitting that they have been given a treasure.

The group came from a large and powerful noble house, and they have seen numerous treasures in their time. Yet never one like this strange, cubic-shaped fruit in their hands. Moreover, with their utter lack of talent in training, they are ranked among the lowest out of those who serve the Devilheart family. If there are any training resources handed down by the noble family, they would be the last to receive it. When did they ever receive care like today?

While these are grown adults, sometimes their actions reflect their inner child.

A month ago, when they decided to follow this boy, they were still extremely uncertain about their choice. At that time, they had no other options, but now they have slowly come to realise that their future has completely changed. When they were sent to retrieve their young lord's tome and to wreck the young lord's manor, they were actually almost driven mad with anxiousness.

Forced to accept the mission, every single one of them felt that they were sent to bite the hand that feeds them. They were actually preparing to forfeit this mission along with their lives. They came to the boy, hoping to warn him of what Calculus is up to, but instead of being turned away, their young lord wanted to let them take back his precious tome of the origin.

And not only that, he gave them this fruit with an extremely dense amount of life energy.

Although they could not tell how much life force is packed in each fruit, Kairos could guess that the ones they are holding will bring them to at least A ranked.

In fact, he learned this from his own personal experience. Within the bag, there are quite a few fruits of different sizes, and the amount of life force of each fruit is related to its size. The ones that they received are the medium-sized fruits.

Previously, Kairos himself took a small one, but it was already packed with an insane amount of life energy and nearly killed the boy from consuming it. This time, he learned to correctly assign the correct size of fruit for his subordinates.

However, improving one's cultivation is but a small benefit of consuming the cubic fruit. The real advantage it brings is the slow nurturing effect it has on their bodies to improve their cultivation talents, albeit the changes it brought are undetected so far.

Under his request, each of them took a bite from its juicy flesh. The taste of caramel flooded their mouths, and a few of the girls nearly squealed with delight. It can be seen on everyone's faces that they immensely enjoyed its taste but more than that, the life energy.

When they realise that the life force is dissipating after their initial bite, each of them quickly gulps down the whole fruit. And just like what happened to Kairos, they were all forced to sit down because of that, and they focus on distributing the overload of Ki throughout their body. They activated their cultivation to the maximum, spreading out the numerous strands of energy from the consumed fruit to revolve around their bodies.

With each cycle, the strands became thinner but more refined. Those lines of energy then combined together and turn into a more concentrated strand before entering their Dantian.