19- Should Have Thought More

"The color suits you."

I turned, suddenly being tripped and caught by someone. I looked up, meeting bright red eyes.

"Who are you...?" I whispered. I almost couldn't speak. I was scared. I could feel his ice cold hand through the clothes and his skin was horribly pale.

"Are you afraid?" He asked.

I nodded. "You came out of nowhere.... And you're deathly cold, but you seem alive...."

He thought for a minute and stood straight again. "You were cast out. That's a Demon Slayer uniform." He said, looking at my uniform.

I looked at the folded clothing, nodding slightly. "I'm not strong enough..." I brushed it off a bit and picked up the clothes, putting them into a cabinet. "I don't care though. I didn't like doing it anyway."

"And what about the boy who lives here? A Hashira, correct? You have feelings for him, don't you?"

I thought about Zenitsu, going over the time we'd spent together. I shook my head. "Why does that matter? He's the one who told me to leave anyway."

"Aren't you upset though? He doubted your strength. You loved him too."

I looked at the geound, nodding slightly. "I guess I am...."

The man nodded and held my shoulders, walking me over to the mirror again. "Anyone could tell how strong you are just from a glance. You're beautiful as well. Perfect for someone in that field of work."

"I'm not that good." I said.

"And now tou doubt yourself too. That boy's words took that much of a toll on your self confidence."

"No, he was just right. I'm not cut out for it." I shrugged.

The man shook his head. "Come work with me then. You would be perfect for my line of work."

I thought a bit. "I won't have to leave?"

"Never. Unless you want to of course." The man said.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I really did look strong, but was aslo beautiful. The color made my eyes pop and the gold hair pins shone in the dark, the clothing highliting my features and skin.

"Well?" The red-eyed man asked, waiting by the door.

I turned and startes walking over. The world felt like it was moving slower for a moment. Something felt different now.

The man smiled and took my hand, walking outside with me beside him.

A couple of demons were there with Zenitsu between them. He hadn't been able to get away from them. They were stronger than him.

I stared at them, trying to think. "What's going on?" I asked.

"You didn't think that he wouldn't be paying for his mistake did you?" The man asked.

"Mistake...?" I asked, staring.

He nodded and held the side of my arm, stepping behind me and pressing a sharp nail to the side of my neck.

"You asshole! You said she'd only be killed if she stayed!" Zenitsu yelled at the man.

The man chuckled. "She'll be perfect now."

I snapped out of the daze and jerked out of the man's grasp, running to get my sword.

He snapped, a third demon appearing in front of me. I sidestepped it and almkst got past before it grabbed my arms, smiling crazily at me with sharp teeth.