Chapter 5:The Einzbern family

...

Arturia had indicated the location of the place she wanted to go to, and Gilgamesh had dematerialized them a few hundred meters away from it.

Landing in the snow-covered property that surrounded the Einzbern residence, Gilgamesh changed his clothes with a wave of his hand and saw Arturia do the same. They were however using their magic to create their wardrobe – and having human bodies, that meant they were slowly draining their own energy. That would prove to be a problem if they didn't find a more adequate solution in a relatively brief amount of time.

While they were walking towards the entrance gates of the Einzbern Castle, Gilgamesh looked at Arturia from the corner of his eye. She had apparently decided what to do, and it involved the Einzberns. He was quite interested in finding out what she was going to do.

When they reached the gates, Arturia stopped him with a motion of her hand.

"There is a protective field surrounding the Einzbern Castle. We have reached the entrance, someone should come soon."

As soon as she had said that, she had to jump back because a spear landed in the place she had been half-a-second before. Other projectiles were thrown at her, but she easily dodged them without breaking a sweat. Gilgamesh raised an eyebrow at her.

She merely glanced back.

"The Einzberns are not known for being overly friendly people."

Suddenly a tall woman with white hair – clearly a homunculus – appeared from nowhere, with a spear in her hand, and tried to stab Gilgamesh. Without even turning around, the King of Heroes extracted a sword from his Gate of Babylon and blocked the hit with such force as to throw the woman several meters away.

Another woman with a similar spear came out of nowhere, and together with the other homunculus readied herself for battle. Both eyed Gilgamesh warily.

"Who are you?" the two homunculi yelled at the two visitors, raising their spears.

Gilgamesh scoffed and dismissively put his sword back into his vault.

"I am appalled at your ignorance, you filthy creatures."

Arturia couldn't help closing her eyes for a second, to gather her patience. Then she started to speak.

"I am Arturia Pendragon, King of Britain and former Servant of Emiya Kiritsugu. And this is–.."

The King of Heroes interrupted her in a haughty voice.

"I am Gilgamesh, King of Babylon – the fact that you don't know who we are is proof of how low your status as mongrels is."

Arturia did her best to keep her temper in check. Must he really be so arrogant the whole time? She was beginning to think that defying his temper and leaving without him would have been a much wiser choice.

But it was too late by then. Therefore, with her best calming voice, she continued, "I would like to speak with Jubstacheit von Einzbern – he knows who I am."

The two homunculi concentrated their attention on her and tried to evaluate her with their eyes. Arturia stared back at them with such a firm gaze to make them uncomfortable. They lowered their weapons and nodded.

"This way," they said simultaneously.

With a warning glance directed at Gilgamesh, Arturia was about to follow the homunculi through the gates, when she remembered something, and said to him in a low voice, "The protective shield will prevent the use of dematerialization."