chapter 10

After the stress of meeting the Angel of Death and being confronted by the Blade in one week, Tommy wasn't going to lie, it was a little bit of a relief to see a familiar face (that wasn't a confrontational Blade). It made him just the tiniest bit happier to see Siren over another person. But only a little. He started on making Siren's usual Earl Grey.

There was one downside to the fact that Siren switched his usual to an Earl Grey or any tea at all was that he could no longer mess with Siren and write his name wrong on the cup because they served it in a teacup which he can't write on unless he buys it to go which Siren never did. He would have done that when the Angel asked him for the drinks to go but since it was a bit stressful he forgot. He wasn't actually stressed, he didn't get stressed, and anyone who said otherwise was a liar.

The silence wasn't awkward but it wasn't exactly completely light. Neither of them really felt like saying anything and neither had anything held in that they wanted to say so it stayed silent for that moment.

The silence didn't last long. Neither of them could really stand silence especially since they always at least greeted each other even if they didn't talk for the rest of the time that Siren stayed. "So," Siren said, breaking the silence, "How was meeting the Angel of Death." Siren smiled toward Tommy, making him roll his eyes.

"He was much better than you were, he is the biggest man second only to me with his wings and all," Tommy proclaimed, pointing a thumb to his chest in fake gusto after placing the teacup down in front of Siren. Siren's smile slightly faltered, Tommy not knowing why. He didn't realize the implications of what he said, but Siren took it as Tommy being sad that he didn't have wings. "Why have you been gone for the past week?" Tommy asked.

"Aw, Tommy, did you miss me?" Siren said, a teasing tone clear in his voice. No, why would Tommy miss him? It's not like they're friends, the only friends he had were Tubbo and Ranboo. They were with him since he was born after all and they stayed.

Tommy scoffed, "No, of course not, why would I care about you? Actually, I missed when you were gone." Siren obviously knew he was joking, but he wasn't so sure if Tommy was joking about not caring. Tommy didn't know either. He knew that he cared about Siren more than he cared about strangers, but he also knew that he didn't care about Siren as much as he cared about Ranboo and Tubbo and wasn't that how much you should care about someone before they can be a friend? Tommy still didn't know, he was still confused.

"Oh yeah," Siren exclaimed, "Can I also have a coke, and don't you dare make another joke about drugs." Siren pointed at him which made him imagine that Siren was giving him a pointed look which just made him want to make a joke about drugs even more.

"Are you sure cause I know a guy--" Tommy started, he walked toward the fridge.

"You better not actually know a guy, Tommy," Siren said strictly, Tommy and him both knew that Siren couldn't actually do anything to Tommy. It would also be very hypocritical of him if he reprimanded Tommy for breaking the law considering. Tommy slid the Coca-Cola over to Siren before sitting down across from Siren and shrugged with a smile on his face.

"Who knows." Tommy said, "You still haven't answered my question by the way." After saying that he realized that it could actually be something personal. If not, Siren probably would have answered, it's not like Siren had to hide anything when it came to villainy since he knew that Tommy wouldn't turn him in unless he did something unreasonably bad. "Unless you don't want to answer though. You don't have to, sorry." Tommy added quickly, not wanting to accidentally make Siren feel uncomfortable or anything.

"Oh, it wasn't anything big," Siren started, kind of hesitant but not uncomfortable, "Mental break, just some memories, y'know, nothing new for me that I can't handle." He gave a nervous laugh.

"Oh." Tommy said. He sucked on his right cheek, "Yeah. I guess I do know." Siren was a hypocrite, and Tommy saw this in that moment when Siren seemed to switch up immediately. Siren was a hypocrite because he said it wasn't anything big and nothing he couldn't handle, but when Tommy said he related, he acted like it was a big deal. And it wasn't fair to Tommy. Not in Tommy's opinion. How can Siren say that it wasn't anything he couldn't handle but acted like Tommy couldn't handle it? Tommy didn't like the implications that Siren thought he couldn't handle some memories. What can some memories do to a big man like Tommy. "What?" Tommy asked, "Like you said. It's not a big deal."

"Tommy," Siren said, "How old are you?" And when he said that, it sounded more serious than Tommy thought that question should be.

Tommy showed as much when he gave Siren a confused look, "17? Aka basically an adult, I break laws, I am an adult even if the law doesn't agree with me."

He saw Siren's jaw drop slightly, Siren knew that Tommy would be a minor, but hearing it made it so much worse; hearing from Tommy himself that he was a minor and he was living like that. Siren quickly turned his expression into a more lighthearted one, "Tommy, that's definitely not how the law works, you either follow the laws or you don't. The law can't just disagree with you." Tommy almost said, the law doesn't agree with my blood either but alright , but he didn't, he knew that Siren would be way too concerned over nothing.