chapter 17

The third time the Dream Team walked through the door, he didn't think much of it, he had decided that he simply would not care about villains being regulars at the shop anymore,or he would be way too stressed out every time there was a customer seeing as literally no citizens went there. He'd rather have villains than heroes cause at least villains are already classified as bad and are willing to break laws for their cause, showing that what they say they're doing it for is what they're actually doing it for. Heroes on the other hand are loved by all and could easily be bad people, people who have met certain heroes have said that they were 'cocky'. Obviously, not every hero was bad, there were some good ones like Timekeeper who was known to turn a blind eye to criminals getting away to instead save citizens in the situation. If any hero came to the shop, he'd rather have Timekeeper come, but that's besides the point.

He got out cups, not thinking too much about it, "Same drinks as last time? Who's paying this time, Dream?" The Dream Team knew that he knew who they were, but this was the first time Tommy actually said something directly to them that they didn't say to him.

Dream was one of the more annoying villains to Tommy, not that Dream actually did anything to him personally that made him dislike him, but the fact that his mask covered both his top and bottom half of his face was very annoying since Tommy depended on facial expressions to know what people were feeling half the time and he already had to guess what all the other villains were doing. It was extremely annoying that he couldn't see Dream's face at all.

"Yep." Dream sounded exasperated, it was clearly a joke though. It was kind of obvious that Dream would be the one paying, seeing as Sapnap and 404 had paid the last two times they paid so it was clear it was Dream's turn.

"Hey Tommy," Sapnap said, walking to the same seat he sat at the last two times. 404 gave him a wave before going to his seat, Dream following closely behind.

They fell into steady conversation as he made their drinks, he looked up when two more customers walked in. He didn't expect to see the two back so soon considering he only met them a bit before.

The Happy Duo were clearly in the middle of conversation but went quiet when they heard the Dream Team speaking. He should have guessed that the Dream Team and Happy Duo knew each other cause villains are full of surprises so of course one of the most notorious violent villain groups is friends with the most liked calm group who helped the poor. It was weird how life worked, the fact that they were friends, and they seemed close, too, because Bad broke out into a smile when he saw them.

It was mostly Sapnap, Bad guessed, or well, it wasn't really a guess, it was the fact Bad exclaimed, and Tommy does mean exclaimed, "Sapnap!" He didn't think he would see anyone say Sapnap's name with that much excitement, but you learn something new everyday.

Sapnap froze when he heard Bad's voice, his back was turned to the entrance, and he closed his eyes and looked to be praying it wasn't who he hoped it was. It was the same kind of look of embarrassment that a kid would have towards their parents in public. He didn't understand being embarrassed of your parents, he loved his parents, but maybe it was 'cause he was too young to start rebelling against them.

Dream and 404 turned their heads towards the door to the duo, "Hey Bad," Dream nodded towards Skeppy, "Hey Skeppy." Dream always sounded really casual until he got really heated, passionate , as Dream put it, in a conversation. Dream got 'passionate' a lot, but he was never scary or aggressive when he yelled, Tommy would interrupt them if they actually started causing trouble.

404 waved at them both, the fact that 404 and Dream both greeted Skeppy and Bad seemed to solidify that the Happy Duo were actually there, so he stiffly turned to them, "Hey Skeppy, Bad." He didn't seem scared or annoyed or upset, he was just extremely awkward, and he means extremely. Almost as awkward as his last encounter with Siren-- Wilbur . But not as awkward, not many things could be as awkward as that interaction.

"Long time no see," Skeppy said, the two of them sat down at a table near the Dream Team.

Tommy expected the interaction to end at that, but the conversation continued. Skeppy said they would be having the same orders as last time, Bad was more focused on the people at the other table, specifically Sapnap. Tommy seriously had to wonder how they were at all related seeing as they were on the complete opposite sides of the spectrum in all ways.

"How have you guys been doing?"

"We've been doing well, a lot harder to help people though with the new laws that have been preventing the homeless from camping, so we can't go to our usual spots." Bad answered Dream's question, the answer was much sadder than Bad made it sound, but maybe it's because Bad was older and had already accepted that was how life was.

404 grimaced at that, no one was really happy with the new laws. If it was bad when Tommy, Ranboo, and Tubbo first ran away, it got worse now that there weren't camps, the government expected them to just... get a home. As if they didn't want one, and a law would make them buy one with the money they didn't have and couldn't earn because of said government.

Their government sucked, but it's often overlooked by anyone not negatively impacted by it, aka the privileged.

"And you guys? How have you been doing?"

And that was the line that opened up the catalyst for them to cause trouble for Sapnap. 404 and Dream looked at each other before looking at Sapnap and dramatically gasped like they both were in complete sync with each other. Tommy concluded they shared a single brain cell and it usually went to Dream.

"Sapnap." George said, he sounded completely scandalized by whatever Sapnap did wrong.

"Sapnap." Dream also said. Dream sounded more serious, but they all knew he was just being dramatic even if he did make it sound like Sapnap committed a serious crime. Well. That was a bad way to word it, obviously Sapnap had committed serious crimes before, but that wasn't the point. A better comparison would be that Dream sounded like Sapnap kicked a puppy or something. "You haven't been telling your dad how you've been doing?"

Sapnap leaned his head back and groaned, he would have yelled, too, if he didn't know that Tommy would kick them out if they caused any trouble and yelling in the middle of the night counted as causing trouble 'cause why wouldn't it be. Tommy's jaw dropped, he was still processing what Dream said, thinking that he might have heard Dream wrong. He blinked in shock and it felt like he was watching some soap show. Or celebrity drama. Same difference really in this situation 'cause everyone there was popular enough to be considered celebrities, or at least famous.

He couldn't keep out of this conversation. "Wait, wait, wait. Back up." Tommy waved his hands in front of him, they all looked at him, the sight of five villains looking at him should have been scary, but he was pretty numb to the fact they were villains by then. " Bad is Sapnap's dad?"

"Well," Bad said, "Legally, yeah, but he's adopted and doesn't call me 'dad'. I'm just whatever he needs me to be." Even though Sapnap was being all pouty, Tommy saw that he was trying not to smile at that. Tommy understood why, Bad seemed to really care about Sapnap. He seemed to care about everyone, really.

"Aww," Dream and Skeppy 'gushed', Tommy couldn't tell if they were teasing them or not, but he wanted to believe that they were being genuine so he took it as genuine.

Tommy looked away, shaking his head, deciding to focus on other things instead. He remembered that he actually had a job and finished the Dream team's orders and started on the Happy Duo's. It was extremely weird to have so many people in the shop at once. Five didn't seem like much, but it was everything to Tommy who wasn't used to so many people. The shop bustled with noise and it felt warm, not physically, but somehow he felt warm.