Chapter 3

"Okay, remember, we have 5 seconds to switch and for you to do your thing, got it?" "Yes, I got it the first two times." Darkspine said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Sorry, I'm not usually like this, I'm just trying not to be worried we might get caught." Sonic said apologetically. The other's face softened a little and he replied "Relax, of course we won't get caught stupid, we're the same person and if Eggman can't even catch us with in real life, who's to say he's gonna catch us with his crappy cameras?" Sonic smiled, reassured. Gaining some of his signature cockiness back, he replied "Yeah you're right, the ol' egghead isn't fast enough to even lay a finger on me, so why worry?" He grinned at Darkspine, who shot a quick smile back before stopping.

"Alright, it's time. You ready?" Darkspine glanced at Sonic, who nodded.
"Ready as I'll ever be."
"Let's go then." Darkspine and Sonic both suddenly vanished in a flash of light.

5 Seconds

Darkspine opened his eyes, immediately taking in his surroundings and searching for the faint surges of chaos energy.

4 Seconds

After a few moments, he felt an energy from beyond the glass and grabbed hold of it, absorbing and channeling the energy with his own.

3 Seconds

He could feel the combined energies swirling around in his core.

2 Seconds

Suddenly, everything came bursting out in a blinding light, flashing and brightening the room.

1 Second

All of the cameras and screens around the room then exploded, expelling faint puffs of smoke.

After confirming that there were no cameras left, Darkspine slowly raised his fist and swung into the glass, shattering it easily.

As he slowly closed his eyes, he shrunk a little, the white stripes across his head and the golden rings around his limbs faded away. As he began to open his eyes, familiar emerald green pupils came into existence again, and his fur turned back into its usual shade of blue.

Sonic stepped out of the remains of his prison, looking around. He walked towards the door, halfway there he crouched and jumped, spin dashing the door into shreds.

"Heh heh, here we go!" Sonic laughed to himself as he ran down the long metal hallways. Faintly, he could hear the sound of an alarm and smiled.

"Time for some fun."

————————————————————————
This chapter was slightly delayed, thanks for reading! (And waiting while I deal with stuff)