Chapter 19

Soon, after a few days, Sonic was back to his regular self. He was constantly running around, as if he had missed the feeling of the wind in his quills. Though it was advised that he try to take it easy, he was constantly trying to become stronger. He surprised himself when he started doing this, as he usually didn't take time to "train" or anything like that, but he felt that he should get stronger for everyone, and his inner selves agreed. He hated seeing his friends sad, and told himself he would work harder to protect everyone.

One day he was hanging out in a Chao Garden, taking a break from all the hectic stuff that'd been happening lately.

There were meetings for things such as research on how to defeat Achlys with their limited knowledge of his abilities, or stopping Eggman's forces whenever possible. He then suddenly got a phone call, an urgent sounding Tails on the other end, telling him to hurry back, as there had just been a sighting of Achlys.

After bursting into the lab, Sonic was met with Tails, who sat him down to explain the situation:

First, Achlys had been spotted at a town to the north and had attacked it recently.

Secondly, surprisingly, not many were harmed, and they are currently rebuilding everything that was destroyed or damaged. Suspiciously enough, people claimed that it was as if he was looking for something...

Thirdly, Achlys had been seen going to a certain area, but only the main two people who help drive him off were the ones who saw where he went.

Sonic asked if he could go down and try and get some more info on what happened and where Achlys might've gone, and though Tails seemed a bit hesitant, he agreed as Team Dark called in on one of his monitors to inform him that they were done taking out one of Eggman's main bases and had stolen the Chaos Emerald that was being kept there successfully. Tails cheerfully responded and they chatted for awhile until Sonic was noticed behind Tails, who explained that he was going to check out a town and gather info on the incident there involving Achlys.

After a moment, Shadow suddenly interjected, asking if he could go as well just in case of the event Achlys was still nearby, or if something of the sort happened. Tails made a strange face while Rouge gave Sonic a look and turned back to to Shadow who shrugged, avoiding her eyes. To be honest, Sonic didn't really mind if Shadow came along, and there was a small part of him that hoped he would. It gave him a strange sense of comfort.

It was agreed they were to leave the next day and as Tails and Sonic began to walk out of the lab, Tails turned to Sonic and awkwardly asked if he was really sure he wanted to go to the town. Sonic answered yes, but he was curious about some details, so he inquired.
"Hey, by the way, what is this town called anyway?"
Tails pause and made the same face he did a few minutes ago. "Ummm... you really want to know?"

"Yeah...? Why not? Is there something wrong?"

Tails had a minor internal conflict, but eventually relented and answered.

"The town's name is New Hope."

"...Oh."

"And those two people I mentioned? It's-"

"It's them, isn't it?"

"Yes. Yes it is them."

"That's why you made the face when both me and Shadow asked?"

"Yup."

"Okay now it makes sense. Geez, this is gonna be so awkward isn't it."

"...Oh yeah. For sure."

———————————————————————————
Hi, who missed me?/hj
I'm so sorry for being MIA for these past couple months but unfortunately, testing weeks are coming up and I have a lot to do.

So yeah, basically I'm going back into the abyss for a little bit. BUT. I'll post another chapter in a few days so y'all can have some food while I'm gone (again).

My writing skills are a little rusty so...yeah, try not to be to bothered if the story is a little wonky looking.

Happy reading!