Chapter 5

"Hey Shadow."
"..."

"Wow, not even gonna ask how I'm doing?" Sonic said jokingly, apparently used to the ebony's attitude by now. "Whatever, you're fine now right? So I'll be leaving." Shadow turned and began to walk away, but was stopped by Sonic, who had grabbed his arm. "Stay awhile Shads, I just got here, let's talk for awhile, I barely get to see you anyway." Shadow locked eyes with the other for a few silent moments, then tore himself away, yanking his arm from Sonic's grip. The faint sound of his rocket shoes starting up could be heard as he turned away, but he turned around for a brief few seconds to mutter to the other hedgehog. "I'm busy right now so if you want to say something to me come and find me later." Sonic's eyes widened in surprise.

"Is that an invitation?" Shadow rolled his eyes and took off, swerving through the empty husks of destroyed robots. Knuckles, who was also there, said that now he knew Sonic was ok, he would go back to Angel Island to guard the Master Emerald. There were a few exchanged goodbyes, and everyone soon left as well, leaving only Tails and Sonic. "What do you wanna do now little bro?" Sonic asked. " Can we go home and play games?" Tails replied excitedly "Sure buddy," Sonic laughed "Maybe we can get some snacks on the way too?" Tails nodded and flew up into the air, flying in what seemed to be the general direction of their shared house.

After they arrived, Sonic plopped himself down on the couch with a sigh as Tails went to the kitchen to prepare the snacks. As he came back, the game console had already been turned on and Sonic had moved to the floor, where he leaned against the couch. "Ok Sonic, ready to get owned?" Tails put the chips and the other drinks and stuff he had in between them as Sonic handed him a controller. "Big talk for someone so small," Sonic laughed "What do you wanna play?" Tails pondered for a moment before answering "Maybe a fighting game?"

"Sure, if that's what you want." Sonic put in the game disk and as the game booted up, he grabbed some chips. "Tails did you want a soda?" He nodded and Sonic popped open a coke before setting down beside him. The game finally finished loading and made a small dinging noise."Alright let's do this." Sonic said as he chose his character. Tails smiled and said challengingly,
"Prepare to be defeated Sonic the Hedgehog."
"Alright, bet."

"I can't defeat Sonic the Hedgehog!" Eggman roared angrily. Orbot and Cubot, who were attempting to calm him down, scurried away in fear. "S-s-sir, if you could just maybe calm down for a second-" Orbot stuttered before ducking a flying projectile, struck in the doctor's rage. "Yes I agree with Orbot sir, perhaps you should maybe calm down a little-"

"Calm down? Calm down?!"

The two robots squeaked in terror and ran behind the other robot in the room, who was strikingly similar to the blue blur himself.
"Metal, did you get the information I requested?" The robot nodded without a word, walking forward to the computer. From his hand popped out a small usb, which Metal plugged into the computer. Eggman's face was soon formed into one of plotting and triumph as his eyes took in the information flowing onto the screen. "Finally I've found it, the ancient writings from more than 50 centuries ago!" His face was split in maniacal laugher as the doctor's robot assistants cowered behind Metal, who gave no reaction. "Uhhh boss? What are you..erm.. talking about?" Cubot asked timidly.

Eggman's laugher died down as he turned, a glint of evil sparkling in his eyes.
"Why my dear robots, I'm talking about the thing that will help me finally bring an end to that annoying hedgehog and his friends!"

"The ancient spirit of calamity and destruction-"

"Achlys!"

————————————————————————
Hi. I'm back from the depths. Happy reading.