Until you break. Until you yield.

I can't comprehend how 'What Remains of Edith Finch' makes me feel so this will do

designerd oc is Scarab Rat

also a plauge, i don't know what you expect for content here

---

"Sister please! Will you just listen- I can stop this-"

"ENOUGH. I will not listen to the claims of a cookie that has no proof! Get out of my sights!"

Daffodil shoved the grasp of the guard away, eyes casting towards the grand window behind her sister, where a familiar body stood, staring down.

"... Fine. But when the plague reaches you don't come begging me,"

She spat on the ground before shoving away the guards yet again and storming out of the building. Scarab Rat appeared before her as she walked into the bloodied streets of her home, a child covered in the red rash passed by her. She watched them pass by quickly as the Plauge Bringer got closer.

"... So, what do you plan to do now?"

"... Three days, get the water you can..."

And they were gone, with nothing but a flutter of filthy air, almost getting through her mask.

Three days for enough water to last a lifetime. This was going to be messy.

---

The rivers were dry, and the water that wasn't was red like the blood that splattered her clothes, she laid another cool towel over the fevered head of the village elder. The mans weak voice spoke as she got him to drink as well.

"The Queen... has she not heard? The cure- how it will be released by that bringer?"

"She knows, but she does not care, I tried to reason it with her."

Daffodil paused, looking back at the dying man before she sighed and stood up, shaking her head.

"No less, it will reach her, she will see what it has done to her people,"

He didn't say much after that, not that it mattered, he had to save his strength, they all did.

---

A man was thrown from the palace, face covered in a red rash and blood coming from his mouth. It was wrong, but from under her mask, Daffodil smiled.

"So, it begins?"

"H... help..."

It spread fast among the elite, it wasn't too surprising to see his fingers frosting over already, but even so, she was a doctor, and now, he was her patient.

"It's alright, we have room left,"

... Well, it was a comfort for the time it lasted.

---

"She is defiant... I suppose you have that much in common,"

Scarab Rat stared down at the sick child laying on the bed, they were sobbing in pain, crying for their mother (who would never come) Daffodil shook her head as she changed the child's bandages. They had scratched the skin raw trying to rid themself of the rash. It wouldn't kill, not them, not at their age. But it would scar, at the very least.

"You say that as if it's a good thing,"

"No, she continues this... As do I, but not for no reason,"

They laid a hand on the child's forehead, and their crying stopped, settling down to a quiet sniffle, Scarab Rat looked over to Daffodil as she wrung out the little water she had left.

"... I could really hurt them, but not without staring the people..."

"Three days?"

"As always,"

---

Another guard left the castle, he wasn't infected, at least not yet he held a note. No one gathered, and those who did only did so to beg for the Queen. He was tired, Daffodil could only imagine how heavy those inside the castles walls were working.

"My sister has made her.... disregard, clear. So you may as well leave."

"... She requests the audience of the Plague Bringer,"

They appeared behind Daffodil in an instant, eyes boring into the guard as he took a step back.

"Only if Daffodil can come."

"She... said that as well,"

---

Her sister was uninfected as well, but many helpless cookies laid along the halls as the two were lead back to the throne room. Daffodil felt her heart hurt, but all for the greater good.

Always, for the greater good.

"... You look worse for wear,"

"We've been out of drinkable water for days,"

"And us for weeks,"

"Even with warning from your... friend, there?"

"Yes, what have you called us here,"

Her sister ignored her after that exchange, she wanted to talk to Scarab Rat, Daffodil was fine with watching. Unsurprisingly, it didn't take much for her to hit Scarab Rat's nerves, their wings flapping as they got close to her. Any guard that tried to get close to stop them fell down, breaking out with a concerning speed. Blood oozing from their mouths as they convulsed in pain.

"Since you refuse to free these people, I suppose my plague will continue. Those who die are unlucky. I am not the one who causes death."

"Who... who does cause death, then?"

"Lunar Eclipse Cookie, but sadly for you, and your pathetic workers that aren't here just to survive. She lives far off in some place called Parafaedia, and I will personally make sure you never meet her or any of her children."

They fluttered back to Daffodil's side, eyes continuing to stare through her sister.

"Anything else, My Lady?"

"... Sister, is this what you wanted?"

Her sister closed her eyes, visibly growing agitated before she stood up, slamming her hand against her throne.

"Then call me hardened! Call me cruel, but your people will /never/ be free. No matter how high the cost may go!"

Daffodil stared at her sister one last time before taking her leave, she pulled at her mask to make proper eye contact with Scarab Rat.

"I call the pestilence,"

"... I'll bring the plague,"