~. [3]

An alarm blared throughout the ship. Red lights began to blink, and the mechanical buzzing sound repeated incessantly. I rolled my eyes, chuckling.

"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking!"

Allura's voice echoed through the entire castle, a speaker in every room projecting her voice. I finished connecting the wires, watching the training bay power up.

"The castle's about to be destroyed!"

"Geez, she is really going for it, huh?" I giggled aloud, running a short and final diagnostic on the guardian and drone AI systems. Everything seemed to be in working order.

"Go, go, go! We need Voltron! Now!"

I exited the bay, closing the electronic panel on my forearm. I began making my way toward the control centre. We had agreed to meet there. Coran and I had woken up bright and early, running around the castle to repair, run diagnostics on, and test every facility. Allura remained in the control centre, where she tested castle-wide systems, checked the progress on overall castle repair, and repaired electronic systems that needed it.

"Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

I walked through the weapons bay, into the main hallway.

"Oh, no! Allura is dead! Aw, it's horrible! Her head fell off!"

Awe, geez, she gave Coran the speaker receiver. At least I'll get some good entertainment until she takes it from him, or everyone realizes this is just a test.

"Wait, what? Her severed head is trying to speak to me!"

"What?!" I laughed aloud. Coran is such a goofball.

"What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?"

I entered the control centre, laughing loudly. The red blinking lights continued into this room. Coran was crouched on the floor, clutching the device next to Allura. Four of the five paladins stood in front of me, just beyond them were the two Alteans. The pilot of the blue lion was notably missing.

"Coran."

"Oh, yes, princess! I'm listening!"

"It's over."

"Oh, I know!" He wailed, still talking into the receiver. "If only Voltron had been formed."

"Well, it seems most of them made it on time." I hummed, amused as I eyed the four paladins before me. I approached the princess.

"I'm guessing this isn't an actual attack, then?" Asked Shiro, though it sounded more like a statement than a question.

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you..." Allura spoke sternly, then turned to her side. "Coran?"

"Seventy-five degrees!" He said confidently. Allura and I shared a questioning look. He examined the device he was reading more carefully. "Oh, wait... no, this is a meat thermometer."

Allura sighed, "However long it was, it was too long."

She approached them, motioning for me to follow her. I continued her train of thought. "Now that the responsibility of being a Paladin of Voltron falls on your shoulders, you must always be ready to do battle with Voltron."

I looked at them. Shiro was the only one in uniform. Pidge and Keith were both in daily wear, while Hunk remained in his nightwear. Lance was still nowhere to be found. "Should you not be in your uniforms?"

"Keith, Pidge, Hunk- where are your bayards? And where is Lance?!" The princess demanded.

Just as she spoke, the door to the control congee opened, and in walked Lance. He was holding a hot cup of some sort of drink, in a robe and slippers, and seemed to be fresh out of the shower. I rolled my eyes.