/" [6]

I awoke, blinking a few times. Upon focusing my vision, I saw the ceiling. I seem to have been returned to my room. I looked to the side. Shiro, Keith, and Allura were standing there. I went to sit up, pain shooting through my side. I groaned, looking down. I had wraps all around my torso and left hand, which had the skin peeled off earlier.

They all turned their attention to me at the sound of the groan. Allura rushed over first, the two paladins walking closely behind her.

"Oh, thank goodness!" She smiled, hugging me. "How are you feeling?"

"Achy," I smiled, hugging back. She let go and checked the integrity of my bandages. "I feel fine, Allura, stop poking me."

She prodded my side one more time. I swatted her hand.

She frowned. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes, mother, I'm fine," I chuckled, and she huffed.

"You are insufferable," she huffed. Shiro chuckled. "But you are feeling well again, and that is all that matters."

"Agreed," sighed Shiro. "It's good to know you're feeling better. I was worried after a couple of vargas."

"I've been out for a couple of vargas?" I asked, eyes widening.

"Why do you think all three of us are in here?" Allura asked, "I was terrified, you've never been out for so long."

"I'm sorry, bunny," I smiled, "I suppose 10,000 years of cryostasis has affected my healing."

"It's alright, sister, I'm just glad you're back up and running," she sighed, standing up. "I must go check on Lance, he has been with Coran for some time now. Shiro, come with me?"

"Hm? Sure."

"Don't we still want multiple people in here with her?" Keith asked quickly.

"We know she's not dead," Allura smiled, "and will not need emergency revitalization. I would like you to stay here with her while Shiro and I tend to the rest of the team, in case she needs anything." She glared at me, "That means no doing anything- and ask for help."

"Yes, ma'am!" I said, then saluted. She chuckled and rolled her eyes, leaving the room with Shiro. Once she exited, I turned to Keith. "How are you holding up? Were you injured?"

He shook his head, "No, everyone's okay thanks to you. Lance was the only one who was hurt. A couple of bruises or cuts, but other than that, we're all in perfect condition."

"That's good," I sighed, "I should have acted quicker. Perhaps Shiro and Lance would have been less injured."

"Hey, it's not your fault, we couldn't have known," he protested.

I chuckled, "I appreciate your consolidations, but they mean little in lieu of the fact that others got hurt."

He sighed, remaining quiet. I did the same, sitting at the edge of my bed, legs hanging off the side. It was times like these that I wished I had decorated my room more. A few weapons, extra clothes, and an emergency set of war goods (armour, weaponry, field medical supplies). Otherwise, it was bland and unappealing. I wish I had some books or something.

I looked at Keith, who was standing with his arms crossed and eyes closed. It seemed he and I were very similar- only interested in improving ourselves, not any pointless conversation or relationships. It's too bad, I now wish when I was younger I had spent more time making friends.

I shifted, scooting backward. I groaned as I did so, putting pressure on my wrapped, injured hand. Keith opened his eyes, approaching me.

"You okay? What's wrong?"