:. [9]

We opened the door into the bay, where Shiro was leaning against the wall, clutching his head. The five of us rushed to him.

"Shiro, are you okay?" Pidge asked as we reached him.

"Where's Sendak?" I asked, turning my attention to the pod he stood next to.

"I... I had to get him out of here," he muttered, panting as he turned to us and raised his voice. "I-I was hearing his voice! He... he can't be trusted on the ship."

I recognized the tone in his voice. The way he held himself, the way his eyes darted around the room in paranoia. It was the mark of a broken soldier.

I had not considered what leaving him alone could do to him. He was always so composed and put together- I hadn't even thought about the trauma that being held captive by the Galra placed on him.

"It is the ship," Lance groaned, "I got stuck in a cryo-pod, then in an airlock. Keith and (y/n) got attacked by a robot and Hunk and Pidge got attacked by food!"

"It's been a weird morning," Hunk shrugged.

Suddenly, as Keith helped Shiro to fully stand, an alarm began blaring. We all turned as Coran pulled up a screen, showing the visuals outside the castle.

"What... how can that be?" Coran mumbled.

"What? What's happening?" Hunk asked.

"The ship is creating a wormhole..!" He replied.

"We need to get Allura!" I shouted, already running toward the exit. "Coran- go get her from her room- I'm going to check the control centre!"

"Only she could start a wormhole!" He protested, following after me. The paladins came with us, running behind me and the gorgeous man. "She has to be in the control centre!"

I slid around a corner and slammed my hand into the control panel next to the door. I widened my eyes upon seeing her at the control pillars, guiding the castle.

"Sister, what is going on?" I demanded, staring at her in disbelief.

She turned around, eyes and voice dreamy like she was in some sort of trance. "We're going to Altea... we're going home! My father is taking us."

I growled, running toward her. The paladins followed behind me. My eyes widened and I skid to a halt, just a few steps away from her. Between us was a projection of King Alfor.

"(Y/N)..." he smiled, walking toward me. I took a fearful step back as he approached me. "My dear daughter..."

Tears welled up in my eyes upon seeing the man. This man had practically raised me. Despite Allura and I not being biological sisters, there is a reason we call each other by that title. We grew up together from age five. We spent every waking moment training and learning together. Before me was the ghost of a man I knew had died. My hands quaked, and my feet were rooted in place as he approached me.

"(Y/N), what's happening?" Shiro called. I couldn't bring myself to look behind me, but a barrier had evoked behind me. It blocked the paladins from reaching me and Allura.

"I... I don't..." but I couldn't get the words out. He stood in front of me, smiling just as he did when I was young.

"Don't you want to come home with us?" He asked.

"What..." I mumbled, a tear making its way down my cheek. I begged, whimpers escaping my throat. "How are you alive? What's... what are you talking about?"

"I have shown Allura, just as I can show you," he smiled, "I can bring you home... back to Altea. Back with me- back with your family."

"But they're all dead!" I protested, backing away until I was pressed against the barrier. I choked on my words, "Altea was destroyed."