\/ [2]

Allura and I stood in the control room, having just entered after the introduction of the Paladins. She had asked Coran to leave, and he went off to begin making repairs. Apparently there had been a battle between a Galran general and Voltron. If it could even be called that... I mean, you have to admit, this is strange- earthlings? The Paladins of Voltron? I had hardly heard of such a suggestion, much less all five being of the same lineage.

Still, it was clear as day that she and Coran trusted them. I'll have to make my own judgments, but until then, I have to make up for my... abrasive introduction by earning their trust. Allura is my focus. Always has been, always will be.

She breathed, pressing her thumb and index finger against opposite temples.

"Oh, (y/n)," she choked, covering her mouth. She looked down at the floor, her colorful eyes focusing on the sleek material.

"Hey, it's okay," I said immediately, pulling her into a hug. We were the same height, so she had to lean down a bit, but I doubt she minded. She buried her face into my chest, hugging me tightly. I felt her tears begin to stain my top, her hands clutching my back. "What's wrong, bunny?"

"I'm... I'm so glad you're here," she sobbed, "The moment I woke up, I-I had to deal with the Paladins... help the find their Lions and repair the castle. Then the Galra attacked, and... I was so alone."

"Shhh, it's okay," I sighed, running my hand gently down her back. I pressed a soft kiss against her head. "It'll take a lot more than a war and cryostasis to get me away from you."

She laughed, looking up at me, smiling.

"I've missed you so much, sister!" She hugged me tight, her slightly wet face drying against my top.

I smiled, patting her head. "I've missed you too, Princess Allura."

"Oh, you!" She swiped her face with her sleeve, swatted me across the top of my head.

"Ow, hey!" I laughed, catching her hand playfully. I raised an eyebrow at her, smirking. She struggled to get her hand free from my grip.

"Stop with the formalities, it's not like I'm princess of anything anymore!" She huffed as I released her, crossing her arms. She smirked back at me. "Just call me Allura, or I'll start referring to you as general."

"I actually wouldn't mind that," I grinned, and she tried to swat me again. I caught her hand, and she huffed, trying with the other hand. I caught that one too.

She frowned, trying with her leg. I let go of one of her arms, swinging around behind her. I held her arm behind her back, grabbing her shoulder tight. I chuckled. "C'mon, Allura, you know you can't win."

"Ugh, you are no fun, general," she sighed, and I released her, taking it as an admission of defeat. She rubbed her wrists, glaring playfully at me. I smiled, looking down, then turning my eyes to look at the large glass windows of the castle. The overgrown landscape made my smile falter.

"It's odd, isn't it?" She asked, walking up beside me. The bridge was wrecked. If any cargo were to be transferred, any battles held, it would surely collapse. "It looks so disheveled."

"I didn't think I would live long enough to see the kingdom go to ruin." I mumbled, furrowing my brow. "I promised myself I'd die before I lost."

"You cannot blame yourself for the fate of our kingdom," she mumbled, placing a hand in my shoulder.

"But I can," I growled, "I should have continued to fight. I should have never let Alfor get close enough to put me in that pod. If I had just..."

I cut myself off, lips pursed tight. I sighed, running my hand through my hair. I smiled, turning to her.