❛ 2장 ❜

(ง•̀ᗝ•́)ง
⏤ ⏤ ✎ .ೃ 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖺 𝗇𝗎𝗂𝗌𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾 .

"what's this, a dokkaebi?" a voice muttered to herself. "if i remember correctly, a dokkaebi is a mythical creature that's similar to a goblin."

there was a flash of light at the front of the cabin cho (name) was situated in, as the said creature came into view. (name) wanted to inch further, to get a good view of it, but a hand stopped her.

"noona, i don't think you should go any further.." the boy muttered, glancing at the older woman in worry. he was holding on to a clear container with what looks like different types of insect on his left hand, while his right hand was gripping onto (name)'s wrist firmly.

(name) glanced back at the blinding light, before nodding and crouching down to his eye level. "then, may i ask what your name is?"

"g-gilyeong. l-lee gilyeong." the boy stuttered out. (name) nodded in acknowledgment, and gave him a small smile before getting up, and firmly holding onto his tiny hand.

though they've just met seconds ago, (name) felt the need to protect the kid, without a clear reason why. her thoughts were cut off when the dokkaebi started talking in a language very different from what (name) was used to hearing. mostly because she wasn't exactly much of a new language learner.

mutters and whisperings slowly erupted, mostly in slight confusion, and annoyance.

"testing. testing. can everyone hear me? gosh, the language patch was malfunctioning for a bit. can everyone hear me now?" the dokkaebi asked loudly, causing questions to start attacking it.

for some reason, (name) knew what was going to happen as soon as the raging questions from the passengers way in front of her erupted. it was a mythical creature after all. you won't know what it can do once you actually provoke it.

(name) hurriedly shielded gilyeong behind her back, not wanting him to see the scene in front of them. though (name) has nothing to worry since it wasn't exactly happening near them, she still felt the need to do so.

"is it money you want?" a familiar sounding voice spoke, causing (name) to deadpan.

'why does he think that money can solve everything? anyway, isn't he mr. han from the finance team? shouldn't he be educated on this type of thing?'

(name) tuned out his stupid proposal, looking forward to an aftermath she hoped might happen. just as she thought of the aftermath, with the snap of the dokkaebi's finger, the cheques that mr. han once held caught on fire.

(name) smirked. 'not exactly the aftermath i was hoping, but that'll do.'

(name) continued not to pay attention after that, only flickering back to reality when a screen popped up in her range of sight. it was a blue web page, with the necessary buttons like the 'X' on the top right-hand corner to exit it.

───────────

the main scenario has arrived.

───────────

main scenario #1

[prove your value]
kill one or more living organisms.

category : main
difficulty : f
time limit : 30 minutes
reward : 300 coins
penalty for failure : death