❛ 3장 ❜

(ง•̀ᗝ•́)ง
⏤ ⏤ ✎  .ೃ    𝗅𝗂𝗍𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗅 𝗌𝖾𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 .

"now this is fascinating. what in the world happened here?" the same dokkaebi from earlier reappeared, looking as if it never expected what would happen. " i was only gone for a minute.. but look at all of this mess!"

the only survivors of that cabin were sangah, myeongoh, hyeonseong, dokja, gilyeong and (name). after being rewarded with coins for their previous actions, the once dark scenery outside turned an orangey-yellow. the once halted train started moving.

(name) retreated back towards where gilyeong was currently at, the left of hyeonseong. a loud roar cause (name) to turn to the cabin's windows, eyes slightly widening at the scene.

'the fuck.. is that a fucking sea snake or something? serpent? and its huge.. this is annoying.'

"why are we stopping again?! it's gonna come for us!!" myeongoh screamed in fear as the creature closed the gap between itself and the train. but, instead of coming towards the train to attack, it only went above the moving train.

(name) clicked her tongue at her used-to-be boss before glancing down at gilyeong and caressed his head. (name) felt an uneasy feeling as the dokkaebi started talking once again. she clenched and unclenched her left hand, a certain habit she developed during her work hours before all this happened.

but for some reason, someone must've realised her nervous and uneasy body expression because he decided himself to go up and wrap his fingers around the now unclenched fingers of (name).

she was surprised to say the least, but didn't try to acknowledge it. instead, she properly intertwined their fingers and softly squeezed it. that made a soft blush appear on his cheeks. but it went away the quicker it appeared, once the creature continued its speech.

"... a lot of interesting things happened today. the guy in the next cabin was also a total nutcase." the dokkaebi stated.

that caused myeongoh to speak up. "t-then are you gonna let us go now? we did everything you asked for!"

"let you go? didn't you see what's going on outside? are you sure you want me to let you go after seeing that?"

the sea serpent from before roared loudly, shutting him up straightaway. the dokkaebi went on and on about how many had survived and even insects deserved to live. that was when he started talking about constellations. for some reason, it sounded important and, well important.

the creature started explaining to the survivors what constellations were and how they'd benefit them while surviving later on. which deemed useless since some didn't quite get the gist of it. and with a snap of a finger, the same page from earlier, though its contents are different, appeared in front of them. (name) stared at her own in a judgemental look on her face.

'some weird and interesting names these constellations have..'

───────────

<sponser selection>

- select a constellation.
- the selected constellation will be your reliable constellation.

1. demonic judge of fire
2. fallen angel of light
3. secretive plotter

───────────

"what the fuck.." (name) blurted out to herself, not exactly expecting dokja to hear her. fortunately, gilyeong didn't.

dokja started softly drawing circles on her hand with thumb as the both of them contemplated their choice of sponser. eventually, the sponser selection ended.