❛ 잃어버린 진실 ❜

(ง•̀ᗝ•́)ง
⏤ ⏤ ✎  .ೃ    𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁 .

two gunshots sounded the whole house. a boy, no older than ten, was comforting his two younger siblings. helping alongside him was a girl. she looked to be barely seven.

it was late into the night when the four of them heard the gunshots. and all of them know very well who caused it, and who fell victim to it. they hated whenever their father had to kill any of them.

from eight to four, half of them were killed by their very own father. two of them were fifteen and sixteen respectfully. they were capable, their aims were perfect, their defense and attack techniques difficult to master and beat, but yet they fell. why?

the test. cho (name) didn't know much about this test. all she knew was that it managed to kill the two most capable out of all of them. and it made her think. will any of us even escape from this household? none of them knew the answer. it was better to not answer anyway. it'll just turn into false hope in the end.

"t-that was m-mirae and hye-bin, r-right?" cho mingyu, the last and youngest out of them, questioned as he wiped his tears. cho hyuna ⎯older twin to mingyu⎯ buried her head in (name)'s shoulder, hugging the latter tightly. the older girl softly caressed the five year old's head quietly lulling her to sleep.

cho min-hyuk, the current oldest, followed his younger sister's steps as he got up with mingyu in his arms. as he quietly walked around and patted the younger's back, his mind trailed off.

as mentioned previously, there were eight of them. currently half were dead, and the other half remained alive. cho hwa-young was the oldest out of all eight. she was sixteen when she died. following her was cho min-woo, who was fifteen. the two who passed just recently were cho mirae and hye-bin, both twelve and eleven respectively.

min-hyuk knew the reason for most of their deaths, but didn't bother to mention it to (name). hwa-young and min-woo died from failing the test. mirae and hye-bin were incapable of possessing most of the skills that were taught to them, hence min-hyuk could only assume that their father killed them off because of incompetency. at the thought of mirae and hye-bin, min-hyuk's mind trailed off to (name).

in their toxic household, the children of the cho family must turn seven in order to began their training. (name) had turned seven a few months ago, so the day after her birthday, she started her gruesome training that left her bruised and aching every night. hyuna and mingyu were both five, so they had two more years till they officially start.

the older boy was worried for his younger sister, but from his observation for the different sections in training, she was doing exceedingly well. especially in archery and combat. min-hyuk was falling behind her because of his incompetency in the dagger-wielding section, so he was currently being monitored closely by his trainers and parents.

"hyuk, are you going to put mingyu down? he's already asleep." (name) pointed out, snapping min-hyuk out of his train of thoughts. "o-oh yeah! just felt like carrying him for a little longer." (name) nodded her head, deciding not to question any further.

"are you fucking slacking, cho min-hyuk-ssi? just fucking throw it at the target, what's so difficult?!" min-hyuk was sweating buckets as he tried his best to aim at the target.

the sky was getting darker as he continued with his extra dagger training. though she had already completed her training for the day, (name) waited out for her brother to be done with his.

she had bathed before waiting for him since min-hyuk kept glaring at her when his trainer wasn't looking. "(name)-ssi! can you teach him your secrets in always landing on the target? i need to get myself some coffee since we're most likely going to stay here all night." min-hyuk's personal trainer had already jogged out the room before the girl herself could answer.