Prologue

"This is stupid!" My mother gently pats my head, trying to relax my nerves.

"I know, I know hun but you have to go here." I look away, seeing people load onto the train. "Your great great grandmother was a witch, luckily the gift was bestowed to you." My response is automatically a sigh, as my dad passes me my suitcase.

"Your mother is right, you know? Just give this year a try....please." His gentle smile wins me over, as he gives me a kiss on my forehead. "Go ahead, before they leave you behind."

"I love you." The statement pushes out of me, feeling a bit guilty maybe even selfish. I feel a peck on my cheek, as my mother releases me.

"We love you too." My mother announces, as I slowly slide away, my gaze turning away from them.

Once inside the train, I ignore the curious stares through each cart window. I find an empty one and close the door with quickness. My breath deepens as the weight of the bag is over my head, and above the seat across from me. I take a seat, and look out the window watching the parents wave the train away.

On my twelfth birthday I turned my dinner into a cake, cause I craved sweets, and couldn't wait. My parents dismissed it to be a trick and a surprise present, I had my doubts but I believed it anyway. After turning thirteen I made every cup in my house into a cupcake, hell of a sweet tooth. Now I'm fifteen about to turn sixteen, and I'm afraid of turning something else into cake. My body jumps, seeing a light knock on my door, I gently get up and slowly slide my door.

"Anything from the trolley dear?" I hesitate but quickly remember the money in my pocket. The galleons weigh in my hand as I awkwardly look up. "Dear, are you new?"

"Is it that obvious?" She smiles and quickly turns seeing a tall boy meet up with us.

"Uh pardon, could I get a cauldron cake?" His gentle voice calming my tenseness, I close my hand and patiently wait as she reaches for it. "I'm sorry were you--"

"No...no you're fine." I reassure as he returns a smile, the lady trades the object as he hands over the money.

"Thank you." The lady nods, and I watch his eyes turn to mine the pupil dilated. "And I'll see you around." I nod as he exits smoothly, walking away as I continue to be stunned to speak.

"Uhm anything chocolate?" The lady smiles as she gives me a geometric box, I hold out my hand as she looks at me with a shocked stare. "W-what?"

"Too much money! Dear do you need help?" I slowly nod as she takes one coin from my hand. "Its cheap candy dear, you don't need to pay extra." My eyes confusingly look down, but quickly watches her leave. "Bye dear!"

My hand closes the door, as she continues to yell out about the trolley. She didn't have to help me--she could've taken all my money if she wanted. Glad she was nice enough to tell me otherwise, I plop myself down on my seat and stare at the box, afraid of what's under it. My index and thumb carry the lid, as my eyes peek carefully.

I yelp bouncing back, seeing the brown frog jump to the seat across from me. I shuffle as it looks around, seeing something glisten in the box it came from. My hand snatched it as I saw a card with a old man on it. The box and card drop to my lap as the frog leaps to my seat. My screams are muffled as my hands clasp the frog in a hurry.

My hands unhinge the window and give the frog a way to sit on the ledge. My breathing calms down as the frog enjoys the breeze. I stare at it, continued to be fascinated on how a living frog could be chocolate. Questions and thoughts filled my mind as I glared at the creature, making this train ride more bearable.