Chapter Four

"Horrible! Horrible I tell you!" I angrily start ripping the grass under us.

"Really?" Cho asked seeing me enraged.

"Yes! I can't believe I started my first day with a lesson about curses." Cho grabs my hands, stopping the violence toward nature.

"Seems horrible, sorry for the worst first impression ever." She sighs as I take a breath.

"It's alright, I guess I've been stressed a lot." My eyes look around at the sight of student around the tree across from us. Some students are sitting on the open arches talking away as the sun slowly prepares to leave. "It's nice out here though."

"Glad you think so." Cho smiles. "During winter it's even more beautiful."

"It snows here?" She leans forward eager to answer.

"It snows here." We exchange a light laugh. As some foreign students pass by the room. "This year should be fun."

"I'm hoping." I turn seeing that boy from the train. "Hey Cho?" She chirps. "Who's that boy?" Her head practically spins, although her expression changes.

"That's Cedric Diggory, he's in hufflepuff." My head tilts as I continue to stare at him. "Cute isn't he?"

"Hm—no—no. I was just wondering since he was nice to me on the train." It seemed like she was relieved to hear that, when looking at me I decided to look away. Only to peek again to find him staring back at me.

"Any boys you fancy?" My eyes quickly snap away.

"Huh."

"Any boys that grabbed your attention?" My body shrugs as she playfully crosses her arms.

"Not really, it's only my first day, besides I have high expectations." She looks at me, as I hit her. "It's true."

"I'll believe it when I see it." The crowds of students start to pile in the castle, as Cho hurriedly gets up to grab my hand.

"Hell!" I shout as she pull me up with full force, dragging me to the sight. "What?!"

"Oh it's nothing." The crowd dispersed as I confusingly look at Cho. "The ball is this year."

"Ball? Like a dance?" She nods as we move into room with the four tables.

"I heard it's magnificent, I've been dying to go ever since." We take our seats as the steaming food fills our noses.

My eyes examine the food as different options are apparently welcomed here. It was like a personal buffet but for rich people, it's nothing like I have ever seen. My head snaps up hearing a little 'psst—psst.' I turn seeing the white haired boy again but this time he's actually trying to talk to me. Cho mentioned to stay away from him, I believe the name was Draco Malfoy, rich kid—privileged.

"Y/N Garnet?" He cocks his head, as her eyes peers into his.

"Yes...?" Her hesitant words filling the silence.

"Like the Crystal?" She slowly nods, as murmurs happen around her. "Sounds like an idiotic last name to me."

"And Malfoy isn't?" Chuckles erupt, like the crowd has claimed to be on her side.

"I like her." The boy lowly mumbles. She turns finding out Ron and Harry are smiling the hardest.

"Filthy Mudblood!" I state confused, as he probably expects a reaction. "Are you gonna cry?" He tried to tease.

"No...?" His smile disappears like he was also confused.

"I called you a Filthy Mudblood." My shoulders shrug as I slowly turn around. "Wait!" My eyes watches his. "You don't care?"

"Why should I?" He seems speechless, as I notice his pupil slowly dilate. "Enjoy dinner."

I finally turn around and start to eat, as talk seems to continue about our encounter. First day and these people seem to forget. I don't even know what it means, but obviously it's an insult. As I fill my stomach with all the delicious things my heart desired, Cho excuses us to our room. The night was quiet, I stared at the window on my left, not being able to sleep. It felt weird, like something was off about me being here.

The only thing to keep my comfort was the lighting of the moon, my eyes played tricks on me because I saw something fly past at least once. Took me a while to sleep when finally doing so, I had the strangest dream, it was a cemetery and I was hovering above a gravestone. It ended as soon as it started.