Chapter Three

"The Three Unforgivable curses." Professor Moody writes onto the chalkboard. "You need to stop putting gum under your desk Mr. Finnegan!"

"Aw no way, he can see out of the back of his head." He mumbles, as the Professor chucks his chalk at him, as the students dodge it.

"I can also hear across classrooms as well!" He shouts, I flinch. "Who can give me one curse? Weasley!" He yells, as Ron stands up in a rush.

"Yes." He shivers.

"Give me one curse."

"Well I do know one...the Imperious curse." Professor Moody nods, as he slowly walks back to the room.

"Your father would know about that one, seems like that's how you were taught it." He writes the curse down on the board. "Let's show an example." He reaches down grabbing a spider from a jar, making it 10x bigger than it was.

He moves it around the room, student to student.  He drops it down to the front desk, the two boys panicked. The class laughs as they scoot away with fear in their eyes. Professor Moody slaps it onto another boys head.

"Don't worry completely harmless!" The class laughs as he continues to drop it onto a girls hand. "What are you laughing at?!" He swiftly puts it on the white boys face, as his friend tried to hit it off. "What else should I do with her?"

He scrolls the spider beside me.

"Make her jump out the window." He announced, as the spider harshly gets thrown at the glass. "Or drown herself." He hovers the poor thing above a bucket of water.

"This is completely insane." I murmur, as I watch the spider in front of my face.

"What do you think I should do with it, Garnet?" I look over seeing his face turn serious, I lay out my hands as he gently places it in my palm.

"Leave it alone." I carry the spider and pass it to the Professor. "This is cruel."

"Well it is called the Unforgivable curses—could you name me one?" My chest sighs loud as I shake my head. "First year here, I forgot." His disappointment seeps through. "Longbottom."

"Y-yes sir...?" He stands up, I try to go back to my seat but I'm held back.

"Name one."

"There is the uhm—cruciatus curse." He jumps with fright.

"Correct!" He guides both Longbottom and I as he points his wand at it. "Crucio." He states with growl, stringing out the vowel in the name.

The spider shrieks with pain, I flinch unable to watch this for longer. My head turns as the shrieks get worse over time.

"Stop!" I shout, seeing the student beside me shake with fear unable to focus. "I said stop!" He continues as I walk in front of the classmate shielding him from the sight. "It's bothering him, I said stop it!" My lungs shout, as he unwillingly stops with a force. "What is—" I cut myself off from the distasteful lesson, grabbing the student and guiding him towards his desk.

I politely excuse myself and take a seat, only for Moody for follow me. Laying the spider onto my desk.

"Can you name me the last curse Granger." She shakes her head. "Fine I'll do it." My eyes meet with his, as he confidently points the wand at the spider. "Avada Kadavra." The spider flips instantly, dying without a sound. "The killing curse...only one person has survived it...and he's sitting in this room."

The class turns as Moody separated from my desk, all eyes are on Harry's. Suddenly the class ended, I practically rushed out, disgusted by my first class.

"Y/N Garnet?" I turn seeing the student I helped.

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to tell you thanks for what you did for me back there." My eyes watch the Professor walk out in a hurry as well.

"It's nothing, he shouldn't have taught us that lesson." He shyly looks down. "Longbottom is it?"

"Neville Longbottom." I nod.

"Don't thank me, it was the bare minimum." Cho waves across the hall as I prepare to leave. "I'll see you later."

"Y/N—" I turn back to him. "Could we be friends?"

"I would love to." He smiles bright, like a kid in a candy store. I wave bye to him and sprint to Cho, not wanted to go to my next class.