Chapter Two

Cheers erupt, as the hat gets taken away from my head. The man offers a hand to help me off, and guides me to the left, I'm stuck awkwardly standing in front of the class again.

"Now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic!" The doors automatically open, as ladies rush in with blue outfits.

They carefully run down the walkway, showing attention to both sides of the room. They sigh beautifully as butterflies appear out of nowhere, they scatter. I flinch have one landed on my nose, I hide and push back a sneeze from the dust once it disappears. They end, as their Headmistress approaches the man beside me.

The boys enthusiastically claps as the doors open once more, scaring the entire room.

"And now meet our friend of the north, the proud men of Durmstrang!"

They firmly match banging their wooden sticks to the ground, following the rhythm of their anthem. Sparks flying from the bottom, they wave their sticks as the leader drops his running ahead. He does multiple flips, as their Headmaster follows with two men wearing coats. As they finish the leader of the March blows fire making an animal swarm the front of the podium. I stare blankly as the fire approached me, it disappears without me flinching or reacting to it yet.

"Sir Albus..?" I guess, hearing it from the foreign headmasters call him that.

"Please call me Headmaster or Professor Dumbledore." My hands shuffle awkwardly.

"Headmaster Dumbledore, doesn't this school have an introduction?" He stops and pauses for a moment thinking about something.

"Ah yes, you are right." He walks up to the four tables in a rush. "Students let us entertain our guest and introduce ourselves!" He swooshes his wand making a giant banner appear, with words, the class stands as they start singing.

'Hogwarts Hoggy Hoggy Hogwarts
Teach us something please~'

My mouth goes agape both in embarrassment and laughter as they start swaying their arms in the air. Dumbledore turns and my mouth shuts as he proudly continues the song. As I look at each of the tables I spot a white haired boy just staring at me, not putting in effort to sing the song at all. My gaze shifts ignoring the interaction.

What did I get myself into?

One of the professors help me figure out the password to my 'common room' since Ravenclaw students change it a lot. After giving the room a give look I received my uniform and a guide of how to get to my room. The other girls weren't there because classes have started already. I finally had alone time, for a couple short minutes.

Lost. Misplaced. I shouldn't be here, it's like I'm the odd one out. Arrived at this school late in life, have no idea about how it works or the currency—god I'm embarrassed. My hands spot the Ravenclaw badge on the cloak.

Am I even supposed to be in this house?

Whatever. It's fine. I'll deal with it. I quickly change, and hear a gentle knock, when turning around it was a girl—she must be my roommate.

"Y/N Garnet right?" She steps closer holding at her hand. "I'm Cho Chang, fellow Ravenclaw of course." Her smile brings warmth to this cold room, I shift.

"It's nice to meet you Cho." She smiles and quickly looks behind me noticing my belongings. "Haven't had a chance to unpack yet."

"I see. Busy day today but we have free time, so you can come back up here if you want." I take note and nod. "Grab your quill, we are gonna take a trip to your first class."

"Quill...? I brought pens, and pencils." She tilts her head confused.

"You don't have your quill?" I shake my head. "You can borrow one of mine, I have extra so you can keep this one." She goes over to her bag, taking out a light brown one. "Here."

"Thanks." She waves her hand.

"Don't mention it, do you at least have your wand?" I take it out and pass it towards her, she Aww's at the sight. "Beautiful!"

"I got it before, I don't remember how..." My brows furrow as I look down, our walk becoming a lot quicker.

"The wand chooses the witch or wizard, so you must've got this a while back. The carving on this is magnificent." Her finger traces the leaves, and flowers. "What does this say?" A phrase repeatedly carved into the stems, an unknown language.

"Not sure, no one in my family knew either."

"Huh interesting." She politely hands me back the wand as we arrive in the classroom. "Professor...?" The class turns around seeing the both of us enter, the teacher has a glass eye—glass eye?!

"Moody."

"Yes, Professor Moody I have brought the new student." Cho nudges me forward.

"Uhm Y/N Garnet sir, first year here." He nods and points to a seat in front of him, on his right. "Thank you." I lowly state to Cho.

"It's no problem, I'll be guiding you after every class today." She waves goodbye, and I slowly walk to the seat.