ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 1

Sophie POV (Don't Start Music Until Cue)

It had been a week since Sophie had her crazy vision, and she was still on bed rest.

Zhan practically had to force her back down on her bed when she heard she had to stay in the Lost Cities for treatment.

According to Elwin, it'd be best if she stayed in the lost cities for another week.

Grady and Edaline, (her adoptive parents), had offered to let her use her old bedroom in their house, and although there were some harsh memories, she took them up on their offer.

The good news was, she was leaving the Lost Cities today. It was about time she got back to Aurenzeville

The bad news, however, was the fact that her vision wasn't fake. Which meant a war was coming, which also meant she was going to have to fight her sister.

Sophie hurried her hands in her face, sulking.

"Why does everything have to be so hard?" She muttered to herself.

"I dunno, you tell me." A familiar voice said from the doorway.

Sophie looked up to find Keefe, Fitz, Biana, Wylie, Marella, Tam, Linh and Dex standing in her doorway.

Sophie smiled and signaled for them to come in.

"So, how ya holdin' up?" Keefe asked.

"Okay, I guess."

Biana sat on the edge of her bed.

CUE MUSIC

"I promise it'll all be okay. We always have a plan, and this time the Neverseen are going down."

Biana meant it to be encouraging, but the word Neverseen made Sophie's blood boil.

Neverseen, Neverseen, Neverseen.

It was ALL their fault.

And she would never, ever have a normal life because of them.

Keefe backed up. "Thats a lot of rage I'm getting from you, Foster."

"Screw it," she muttered.

"What are you doing?" Marella asked, pure concern in her eyes.

"Transmitting to Amy." She lied.

But Fitz must have read her mind because he shook his head, hard.

"She's trying to open a portal between her and Amy's mind so she can come here."

Everyone's eyes buldged.

"That's a super dangerous skill tht only the ancients use!" Wylie shouted at her.

"I need her to know." Sophie argued.

If she wasn't aloud out of the bed, she still had one last resort, that didn't require a leaping crystal.

She tuned out her friends' protests.

Sophie was done waiting.

She was done pretending.

They were coming.

Whether she liked it or not.

And she needed to do something about it.

She closed her eyes, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I don't think this is a good idea," she heard someone say, but she ignored them.

"Seriously, Sophie." Another said and shook her shoulders.

But she didn't listen.

She was done listening.

It was time she fought back.

2 could play at the Neverseens's game.

"Call Zhan!" Dex shouted.

Sophie clenched her fists, her eyes flickering purple to red.

"SOPHIE STOP!" Linh shouted, brutally shaking her shoulders.

Sophie's mind felt like it was slowly drifting away from her body, going into a place where no one has ever been.

But before her mind could fully separate, her body felt like it was shredding into a million pieces, making her scream in raw pain.

But that didn't stop her. She searched for Amy's mind, ignoring the worsening pain.

After what felt like and eternity of agonising pain, she found Amy's mind.

She was in her room, sitting at her desk doing homework.

AMY. She transmitted.

Amy jumped out of her seat, startled.

Who's there?! Amy thought, looking around like there was a ghost in the room.

IT'S ME. SOPHIE. I'M TRANSMITTING TO YOU SO I CAN CONNECT OUR MINDS AND OPEN A PORTAL. YOU NEED TO COME TO THE LOST CITIES. NOW.

Amy didn't even ask why. She just nodded and stood back.

She focused all of her energy into opening a portal, feeling her whole body shake from the weakness, but Sophie was not giving up.

She screamed in pain once again, focusing. Every. Last. Ounce. Of energy from her cells and into the portal.

Once the portal was opened, Amy stepped through.

She followed Amys thoughts, and once Amy was fully in the portal, Sophie concentrated on her bedroom, making sure Amy safely crossed.

Once she did, Sophie's mind drifted back into her body as she fell back into her bed and into Zhans arms.

Sophie was gasping heavily and shaking.

Everyone's eyes were wide as Elwin and Livvy rushed over to her side and Zhan comforted her.

"It's okay, you're safe now." He whispered into her hair.

The last thing Sophie saw was Amy running over to her before she blacked out.

A/N So... Yea. I know, I know. It's different from what usually happens in my stories. But honstley, I needed every single character in this book for my MASTER PLAN to work *Evil Laugh* anyways, I hope you enjoy my wonderful cliffhanger and I hope to see you next chapter ㋡