34

valerie

'ok so firstly you try running me over and now you're kidnapping me? real nice ash.' i puffed, shaking my head.

'nah, when did i try running you over?' he said, widening his eyes. 'oh, ok my bad. tried abandoning me in the middle of a parking lot, at like, midnight.' i said, crossing my arms over my chest.

'firstly, it's not even ten yet, dumbass. secondly, i came back for you?' he said, lifting his hand off my thigh and back onto the steering wheel.

i stayed quiet for a bit before starting to laugh like crazy, i was gasping for air as ash turned his head to me, joining in with the laughter.

'you're a dick.' i giggled, wiping a fallen tear from my cheek from laughing too much.

'i can give you some.' he coughed. what the fuck did he just say?

i looked at him and tilted my head, 'what did you just say?' i asked, already knowing what he said. 'i am not the dick.' he 'repeated'.

i shook my head as he started driving uphill a steep and long road.

'we're nearly here, im not kidnapping you, valerie.' he assured, reaching the top of the road.

as we drove slowly over the road, the bright but distant lights filled our view. small dots of orange, red and white across the whole city. my eyes wandered around, looking around in awe. i've never seen anything so nice. it was silent on the street, all the lights turned off so the only thing lighting the area were the city lights from afar.

'woah.' i whispered, turning to ash who sat there looking at me, the dim lights reflecting on his skin, illuminating his features.

'yep.' he answered, keeping his eyes on me. i smiled and shook my head, pushing ash slightly.

'look at the lights.' i said, lifting myself of the seat so i could get a better look. he hummed in response, it reminded me of that time we were on the ferris wheel. 'you did this before, you know?' i laughed, keeping my eyes on the lights. 'hm?' he hummed, placing his hand on my thigh again.

i felt my heart skip a beat and my stomach explode in small vibrations. my face was now red but wasn't really noticed due to the orange light shining onto us.

'when we were, uh, on the ferris wheel. at the carnival, remember? uh, you were, uhm, not looking at the view. it was really nice though, you missed it-' 'i was looking at you,' he interrupted, rubbing my thigh.

i turned to him and smiled, moving my hand into his. he didn't react or move it away so i left it there. 'uh, look, i have something for you.' he announced quite quietly, taking his hand away before digging into his pocket, fishing out a piece of paper which was in the cup holder earlier.

'uh, here.' he said, passing it to me. i opened it slowly and let myself read the words quietly to myself.

i eyes ran around his neat handwriting. my heart pounding out of my chest and i was blinking like crazy.

i like you valerie and with that, would you be my girlfriend?

ps. make this a little easier for me and don't embarrass me, not forcing you but begging you.

-ashtray

i laughed reading the last sentence before turning to him, his face clear with anxiousness. 'do you have a pen?' i asked, giggling mid way.

'uhm,' he sighed, looking into the car door before pulling out a blue pen. he passed the pen to me and i took it, placing a decent sized 'yes' under the his writing it.

i hid the paper as i wrote it so ash wouldn't see but i had a big smile on my face so he already pretty much knew.

i folded the paper and gave it to him, he reached out towards it and looked down at it, a small smile creeping up onto his lips as he read it.

'you're still a dick.' i blushed, opening the door for air.

'did you write that?' i added, turning my whole body to ash before taking his hand and interlocking our fingers.

'nah, i didn't.' he laughed, shaking his head. 'of course i wrote it, dumbass.' he said.

'wouldn't be surprised if someone else wrote it.' i joked, shrugging my shoulders before getting pushed so hard i nearly fell out the car because the door was open. my bare palms on the ground with my legs in the air.

'ash!' i giggled as he pulled me back up by my waist, 'my, bad.' he breathed between laughs.

i wiped my rocky palms against my dress and sighed as i dirtied it a little. as me and ash calmed down, he started to drive down the road.

i opened the window fully and leaned my head out, not caring about the wind messing my hair, i closed my eyes as ash sped up.

au
shortest chapter yet sorry
i start school again tmr and im literally about to kms🤭
not proof read btw

860 words