001

The birds chirped up in the forest, air dancing on tunes of the sweet melody bouncing off the woods as someone sung the beautiful lyrics in their gifted voice

The birds chirped up in the forest, air dancing on tunes of the sweet melody bouncing off the woods as someone sung the beautiful lyrics in their gifted voice. The source of the soulful voice was a small ten year old who was kneeling down infront of a woman who was clearly a Britisher.

The whole Gond tribe smiles at adoration towards the small girl named Malli, the youngest member of the tribe. Catherine, the British woman looked at the tattoo the girl has drawn on her hand and smirked.

Malli steps back and bows, the spell of her melodic voice breaking as she gives the woman a confused look when she walks off gesturing the small child to follow her. Catherine caresses the tattoo, her mind still stuck in that sweet melody.

"Scott..." She begins, the fluent English being foreign to people there who just observe her talking to her husband. Scott Buxton, the British General looks at her as she shows off the tattoo to him.

"Who is the artist?" He asks to which she gestures towards Malli

"This little girl?"

"I want this girl to come with us" Catherine said, her husband raised a brow but nods at one of his man, Edward who throws two gold coins towards the Malli's mother.

Thinking it as a reward for the song and her art skills, the naive woman accepts it and bows in respect and gratitude. The malicious man just smirks and nods his head towards the small girl who was standing just a few steps behind Catherine.

Malli's mother rushes forwards when a commotion breaks out on finding out the soldiers dragging away her daughter. She yells and pleads to let her daughter go while Malli starts crying.

"MA!!" The girl sobbed, placing her hands against the car window she was forced in while her mother holds onto the wheel of Scott's car.

"Please don't do this, please let her go" She pleads  Catherine ignores her for a minute or two before she orders a soldier to get her off their way.

The soldier aims his gun for the woman but Scott lowers the gun before speaking.

"The bullet is too expensive to waist on these brown worthless slaves"

The man nods before he walks over to the woman and hits her head with a thick wood piece with such a force that it breaks into two. The woman falls back, blood seeping through her head as the car drives away.

The tribe immediately rushes to the injured member but it was too late, she was dead already but a lone tear still slipped her eyes as the people wailed death of a family member.

While Malli quites down her sobs fearing the men around her, the picture of her mother laying so still on the ground as blood pooled around her head has shaken up the poor soul to her core.