Ch. 3 pt. 4

"How is she?" Lisa asks with obvious concern in her voice. "How is Chaeyoung?"

"She's..." Mason sighs. "...She's not good." He admits while on the phone with Lisa.

Lisa's bottom lip slightly quivers but shakes her head a bit to try and stay strong for her best friend.

"W-we're not that far out... we'll be there soon, okay?"

"Thank you, Lisa, we'll see you all soon." He says before they both hang up.

"Did he say which hospital they were at?" Jisoo asks as she continues driving.

"Yeah, were about five minutes away from it." Lisa states as she puts the directions to the hospital onto the GPS. "There see."

Jisoo looks at the directions on the screen in her car and knows where's she's heading now as she merges to the right.

"How is Rosie doing?" Jennie asks while in the back seat. "Is she okay?" She asks worriedly.

Lisa looks back at her for a moment with a saddened look while lightly shaking her head. Jennie is saddened to see that and sinks into her seat a little. She has an uneasy feeling in her stomach, and her right leg is bouncing up and down anxiously, wishing for Jisoo to drive faster.

She pulls her phone from her pocket and begins to go through it until she finds one of the pictures, she and Chaeyoung took together while on their trip to Kim- Corp. Jennie stares at it for a moment before zooming in on Chaeyoung's face; she thinks about how shy, happy, and bubbly she was that day, and every other day she's gotten to know her.

Jennie just wishes she... she just wishes someone like Chaeyoung and her family didn't have to go through something like this.

Jennie looks out her window, into the night sky and up towards the full moon with a worried look. She grips her phone a little and hopes that when they get there, everything will work out and that both Chaeyoung and her mom will be okay...

They have to be.

*****************************************

Mason hangs up his phone after his call with Lisa and looks back over to his daughter. Chaeyoung was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital while Mason walked off to take Lisa's call. He looked over and sees her sitting there with a saddened expression on her face while staring blankly at the floor.

After Claire got hurt, someone from the crowd had called an ambulance while police had blocked off the area. One of the officers who knew Mason well, recognized both Claire and Chaeyoung and had called him and told him what had happened.

Pain, sadness, and worry all flooded Mason all at once when he got that call. He quickly made his way there to the hospital where he saw Chaeyoung again, who had ridden in the ambulance, staying by her mother's side.

He saw the emotional state his daughter was in and regardless of how he was feeling, knew he needed to stay strong and be there for his daughter. When he saw her, he just brought her in for a hug and let her tears fall while in his arms.

That was around twenty minutes ago before he got the call from Lisa and is now looking back at his daughter, worried. He knows how much she must be hurting on the inside and how worried she must be... because he feels just the same.

He puts his phone back in his pocket and starts walking back over towards his daughter.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" he asks while standing next to his daughter.

Chaeyoung doesn't respond and continues to stare blankly towards the floor.

"... That was Lisa on the phone... she and your friends should be here soon."