(REQUESTED) lied about being cheerful

Requested by Squirlf

You have been on sodor for the past 4 years since who knows when. Whenever people (including engines) see you depressed, you quickly make up a lie that you're "cheerful" for the day. Little did anyone realize you had been taking the cheerful pills (not sure if its a thing. Lol) to keep yourself happy. One day as you were about to take the pill, you are stopped by the voice.

Edward: y/n?
You: eek! Edward! Don't scare me like that!
Edward: sorry, but I couldn't help but notice you've been acting weird.
Me: I'm totally fine!
Edward: please.... Im just trying to help you *almost has his eyes welled with tears* as a friend. I've known you since you moved here.
You: *sighs* OK. I had been under depression for the past 4 years since (come up with your tragic story).
Edward: flaming fireboxes! I'm so sorry, y/n. That must sound terrible. If anything, I'd be willing to cheer you up. Wanna come for a ride?
You: *smiles* sure.

You hop into Edward and Edward took off. Edward clickity clacked on the tracks as you felt the wind blow on your face and hair. For once, Edward has seen you being happy for real. After the ride, he dropped you off at knapford station where your house is.

You: thanks for the ride, Edward. It was fun
Edward: that's what friends are for.

You kissed Edward on the cheek and went into your house. A few seconds later, Thomas noticed Edward blush and chuckled softly.