chapter two

Trust is a very fragile thing one can give. If you break it, It will never be the same again. No matter how hard you try to put the pieces back together, they will remain broken.

People always think that wounds heal over time. Just give them time, they will forgive you. That's what they always say, but there are wounds inflicted so deep, they scarred the person's perspective in life... in love. The person who hurt them took one important part of their lives and that was to be able to trust someone wholeheartedly.

The pain that they experienced wounded them too deep that they were afraid open their hearts to anyone again. They called it the wounds that never bleed.

Seven years later.

You're tapping your nose as you stare at your almost empty bank account. "I need more jobs." You whispered to yourself.

"y/n! break's over. Assist table 9," Your manager shouted.

"Yeah! I'll be there, Yamato-san." You then stood up, put your bank book inside your pocket, and dusted your pants before getting back to the restaurant.

After high school, you decided to stop your studies and let your younger sister pursue her dreams and support them. You also took care of your mother's debt by applying to different part-time jobs three shifts a day and thankfully, after three years of struggling, you paid the debt off while supporting your sister's studies. looking back, you can't quite understand how you handled three different part-times a day, seven times a week.

You're still thinking about him every day, the what-ifs and the regret that comes with it and to this day, the guilt of what happened is still haunting you. You wish that someday you'll meet him again so you can properly apologize for the pain you've caused him.

"Ahhh!" You stretch your arms before closing your locker.

"Good work!" Your friend, Maia said.

"Good work, Maia."

"let's drink, y/n! my treat."

"Tempting, but I need to find an extra job."

"What?! You already have a milk delivery in the morning and a shift here 'til afternoon, not to mention your side gigs then you want to squeeze another job? You're exhausting your body and that's not healthy!"

"I'm fine, Maia. Thanks for worrying but everything will be okay! I'm strong, remember?"

Your friend couldn't help but sigh. She knows that whatever she says, you will not listen. "Just don't force yourself too much, y/n. we are only twenty-three. we don't want any back pains at this age."

"Yes. Don't worry. I will rest if my body asks me to."

Your friend nodded and suddenly widened her eyes like she just thought of something. "Ah!" She quickly opened her locker to get something. "Some dude handed me this on my way to work and said that they are hiring bartenders. It's a bar not far from here, looks cozy not the kind of bar with loud music, so this is a best fit for you. You should check this out."

"Oh my! Thank you!" You smiled and hugged your friend tightly. "You're heaven sent."

Maia tapped your back a couple of times. "Yeah, yeah. You owe me! next day off, we are drinking!"

"Hai!"

After you bid your goodbyes to your friend, you went to the address written on the flyer. You stared at it for a while for it has this beautiful design that made it look expensive and elegant. You clenched your fist and took a deep breath but before you could even hold the doorknob, the door suddenly opens. The guy with pink hair peeks his head out.