chapter thirteen

Ran is sitting in the kitchen aisle, doing some work on his laptop while you are preparing food for dinner. He glances at you, and you're now standing at the kitchen sink with your hand on your waist, and the other is tapping your nose while thinking of what ingredients you missed buying.

Ran lifted the corner of his lips upward. Some things don't change, even after many years, eh? He thought as he took his phone from the table and secretly took a photo of you. You saw something from your peripheral vision that made you shift your head toward Ran, and caught him pointing his camera at you. Ran put his phone down and went back to typing on his laptop.

"What's that?"

"What, what?"

"Did you take a picture of me?"

"No?"

"Eh?" You walked closer to him, making him back from his seat. His eyes looked at his phone and quickly snatched it from the table, hiding them behind him.

"Why are you hiding that?"

"No reasons." He said with a subtle grin on his face. He then stood up, trying to excuse himself, but you blocked his way.

"Eh, delete that photo." You tried to get the phone, but he quickly lifted it up. You tried to reach it, but he's too tall.

"Ran."

"Hmmm?" He is now smiling widely, teasing you. You began to form a fist not because you're angry but frustrated that he's taller than you.

"Stop jumping." Ran said, placing his hand over your head like he was teasing your height.

You slightly pout and pull his collar so he will bend over. Ran's eyes widened as his face is now too close to you. That caught him off guard, making the young lad blush, but you didn't notice it as you are focused on getting the phone.

"Ha! got it." You laughed, and when you looked at him, he was still bending over with just an inch away from your face. The two of you gaze at each other for a while. Those intense stares made your breathing heavy as your heart beat pick up its pace. It's too loud and too fast, that you can hear them in your ear.

Ran gulped which made his adam's apple move while unconsciously biting his lower lip.

god! why is he so damn attractive. You thought.

Fuck! this is dangerous. I want to kiss her so bad. Ran thought. He then slowly lifted his hand, reaching your face.

"Yo, what's for dinner? I am sick of getting take-outs. Let me eat here." Rindou said as he barged his way inside Ran's place. He halted when he witnessed the two of you, staring intensely at each other with your faces so close, and It looks like both of you are ready to eat each other.

"Oh. My bad... Go on... Continue. Don't mind me. Pretend that I am not even here, and it's just your conscience that is talking right now. I'll go ahead and eat with Koko instead." Rindou quickly turned his back and was about to exit the penthouse when you and Ran shouted in chorus.

"Rindou!"

"Boss Rin!"

"Yeah?" Rindou looked back, trying his best not to smile. He feels like he just walked in a k-drama scene.

"It's not what you think." You quickly said that and made Ran look your way. Rindou made a subtle sour face, hurt for his brother.

"Yeah. Yeah. Uhm..." Ran cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his head. "She's just getting something from me."

"Oh—Okay?"

"You don't have to go, boss Rin. I'll start cooking." You quickly walked away, leaving the phone on the table.