chapter fourteen

"Here," Hanma handed you a water bottle. You shyly accepted it as he sat beside you on a bench in a nearby park.

"Thank you." This is embarrassing. A stranger found me crying in a freaking grocery store. Worse, while staring at the price tag and then my stupid ass followed him to the park.

Hanma dragged you out of the grocery store as people started to check what was happening upon seeing you crying. You willingly followed him as you didn't want to give him trouble. Now you're wondering if he thought that you were crying because the price of celery is too damn expensive.

"Don't think of it as embarrassing. Emotions are strong shits that sometimes you can't control."

You quickly snapped your head towards him. "Are you a mind reader or something?" The young lad chuckled and opened his bottled drink.

"You're easy to read, y/n. It's written all over your face." He sipped his drink before speaking again. "I never thought that there's someone out here that will cry over the price of celery."

Suddenly, all your balance went poof! but quickly sat straight. I knew it! he must think I'm crazy. Hanma takes a side glance and after a couple of seconds, he laughs. Puzzled, you tilt your head to the side while staring at him. Or maybe he's the crazy one.

"I was just messing with you, but your facial expression is priceless."

"Oh." You let out an awkward chuckle and drank your water to avoid eye contact. This guy is odd, but at least he diverted my thoughts to other things and calmed me down.

"Whatever troubles you have now, just know that everything has its end. Though sometimes we can't have the outcome that we want, but hey, at least once it ends, you can start a new..."

"So you are telling me that we don't have any choice but to accept fate and move on from it, eh?"

"You can defy it if you want, but let me tell you, it's bloodbath with no guarantee of winning."

"Hmmm." You hummed and just stared at the kids, playing. "How about you, mister? Will you defy the outcome if you don't like it? Continue to fight for the things that you want or just move on?"

"I'll move on."

"Wow, that was the fastest answer I received. Why? What if there's a chance to change it?"

"Loving someone doesn't have to be that hard. It doesn't have to be too complicated, and you don't have to cry because of it. If it is too much to bear, leave."

"How do you know it's about love? Just a little more of this, and I will definitely think that you're a mind reader."

Hanma chuckled. "I feel it. You look like a hopeless romantic kind of gal."

"Rude... but you're right."

"I'm always right."

You stared at him with an amused expression that made him raise his eyebrow

"What?"

"You're too confident, eh?"

"Well, I get that a lot."

You became silent for a while and after you composed yourself, you took a deep breath and slapped your thighs then stood up.

"Alright! I feel a lot better after talking to you. Thank you, Shuji." You looked at your hand and saw his handkerchief. "Where can I find you? I will wash this first before I return it to you."

"We'll see each other. Until then, keep it." He said and you nodded. You then bowed before you walked away.

If it is too much to bear, leave, huh?