chapter twelve

Rindou stopped in his tracks when he saw his friends sulking. Sanzu is resting the side of his head on the bar counter whilst looking at the half-empty glass of liquor. Ran is staring at the absence, resting his head on his hand whilst his other hand is swirling the lowball glass, and Chifuyu, wiping the glass clean while also staring at the absence.

The only one that looks sane right now is Koko, who's amused by watching the three young lads drown in sorrow.

"Woah! What happened here?" Rindou asked, confused as he sat next to Sanzu.

"Well, where do I start?" Koko replied and sipped his drink first. "Ah! Sanzu saw a photo of a girl from his sister's portfolio, turns out she was Senju's part time co-worker. Sanzu then asked Senju to ask the girl if she would like to go on a date with him then she replied..."

Sanzu lazily tapped his phone, still not moving from his place. Then a voice chat played.

Oh... He seems nice, Senju but I am not interested in dating someone at the moment.

"Ohhh... That straight out no. This is the first time that someone rejected you." Rindou said, trying to suppress his laughter.

"Dammit. Don't rub it in my face. It hurts." Sanzu whined.

"That's not all. Few weeks later, when Ran ordered him to take y/n's shift and deliver milk, they met again. Do you know what this crackhead did?" Koko added. This time his lips curved upward like he was enjoying this moment.

"Eh, do I need to know?"

"Yes, you do because that was the exciting part." Koko laughed a little before continuing the story. "This dude had the audacity to ask her to marry him while holding a carton of milk. Obviously, the poor girl rejected him which brings us here."

"Wait, What? Are you crazy? You're lucky that she didn't call the cops." Rindou paused and looked at Sanzu.

"We were not done talking when some old dude interrupted us."

"Old? dude? Her father?"

"No. It's her neighbor and I did a background check... He's twenty-six. He's old and by the way he grasped my hand, I instantly knew that he likes my girl." Sanzu lazily replied then turned his head to the side. Now, he's facing Ran but still resting his head on the bar counter.

"But that milk delivery happened some time ago, right? You're still sulking until now?"

"It was love at first sight, Rin! I already planned our future together. You won't get it, you haven't fallen in love."

"Dude, you just know her for a few weeks and you're already acting like you've met in your past lives."

"Still! I want her. I want her so bad." Sanzu sat straight and drank the remaining liquor from his glass.

Rindou sighed and looked at Koko like he was asking what to do with Sanzu. Koko didn't speak and just shrugged his shoulders as he sipped his whiskey.

"What about Ran?"

"He kissed y/n without consent in front of other people inside the mall. Now, she's pissed at him."

Rindou smacked his forehead. "That's what you get for not dating after your break up. You're still acting like you're in high school."

"Shut up, Rin." Ran snarled and drank his drink.

Rindou's gaze shifted to Chifuyu. He then looked at Koko, pointing at Chifuyu, asking what happened to him.

"Fell in love with a married woman." Koko briefly answered.

"Jeez! What's happening with you guys? No wonder that this bar is almost empty today. You're all attracting bad vibes." Rindou reached for the whiskey bottle and poured himself a drink.