chapter one

chapter one:
tell no one

CHILLS ran up Arwen's spine, goosebumps forming against her skin as Eddie's hands move to grip her bare thighs. The rings he always wore were cold against her warm skin. Arwen's fingers tangled into his hair, pulling him away from the kiss and forcing him to look at her. Eddie could moan just looking at her, with her messy hair and smudged makeup. Sweat dripping from her skin, despite the chill of the late October air, chest rising and falling with her quickened breathing.

fuck. This was a site he never expected to see, but one he could (and wanted to) get used to. A boyish grin grew on his face, knowing that he was the cause of Arwen's neediness. Her hips bucked at the loss of contact as he pulled back, slipping his shirt from his body, lazily tossing it to the corner of the bathroom to join her sweater. The skirt remained on, pushed up far enough to allow full access.
Arwen watched, her eyes trailing over his body, over each tattoo and freckle. Fuck. Heat rushed through Arwen and she reached forward, needily grabbing for the boy. "Eddie.."

Eddie laughed, stepping between her legs, belt buckle undone and hanging loosely around his waist. His fingers dug into her hips, pulling her closer to his body, it was sure to leave a bruise. Not that Arwen minded, the thought excited her. No one would know they were there, but the two of them standing in that room. Her legs

"What.." She panted, her fingers gripping the edge of the bathroom sink. Eddie said nothing, capturing her lips in another hungry kiss, trailing from her lips down her neck and collarbone.

A moan fell from her lips as she tilted her head back, resting it against the mirror. "Fuck.. Eddie."

"Sh," Eddie shushed, raising his index finger to his lips. "You have to be quiet, sweetheart. Can you do that for me?"

~~

The lunchroom was loud with chatter, excitement for the homecoming game lingering in the air. Arwen's skirt swished with her swaying hips as she walked through the cafeteria, her eyes searching for him. Nerves jittered through her system, causing her hands to shake. Arwen felt faint, like she could go down at any second when-

"Arwen?" She froze in her spot, slowly turning around with a smile plastered on her face at the sight of her band mate.

"Robin, Hi." Arwen smiled warmly at the girl, grateful for the distraction from searching for Eddie.

"So, I was, uh, I was.. the game is tomorrow," Robin stuttered out. Arwen nodded indicating Robin to continue. "Well.. I just.. I hate to ask, and I'd ask anyone else- Steve can't- but I need a ride."

"Oh, of course!" Arwen grinned, "I don't mind at all. Robin, we're friends. Don't be nervous around me, okay? I'll give you a shoutout when I'm defending celebrities in court."

Robin gulped, nodding her head and pulling her sweater over her hands. "Cool, yeah, cool. Thank you. That's a cool skirt, by the way. Gotta go, thanks again. For the ride, I mean."

Arwen nodded, glancing down at it. "Thanks- oh."

Robin had already disappeared into the crowd, to who knows where. Arwen shrugged to herself, humming a tune as the nerves again returned. Her heart skipped a beat, her mind growing fuzzy as her eyes landed on the boy.

Eddie.

Memories from the night before flashed through her mind, her mouth grew dry and her legs felt like jelly.

But, of course, like any good future Ivy League student does, she forced herself to move towards him. She took confident steps, though it was all for show, Arwen was never really that confident in anything she did. Her thoughts rushed together, growing fuzzier and fuzzier the closer she got.

The chatter of the cafeteria was overwhelming, deafening as she reached the table.

"He-" Arwen cleared her throat. The talk at the table stopped, and all eyes were suddenly on her. Mike and Dustin, at least that's what she thought their names were, shared a look with each other. "Hey, Eddie, right? I need to talk to you. Yearbook stuff."

Mike hummed to himself, leaning over and whispering to Dustin. Dustin looked shocked. whispering something back to him before turning to Gareth and, probably, repeating what Mike had said.
Arwen squared her shoulders, trying to ignore the worry about what it could be about.

Her words rushed out, her cheeks flushing at the sight of a sly smirk crossing his features. He looked up at her, raising one eyebrow as his eyes trailed over her body. "Yearbook, huh?"

Arwen suddenly felt hot again, rolling her lips into her teeth she nodded, "Mhm.. Yearbook. You are the leader of this club. Aren't you?"

"I'll be back, fellas." Eddie pushed his tray forward, stepping out of the table. "That would be me. Lead the way, sweetheart."

"It'll only take a few minutes."  Arwen said, "I'll have him back to you guys in no time. No worries."

Gareth trailed his eyes over her, nodding slowly and leaning back. "Okay.. Arwen. Do we need to come, too?"

"Nope!" She chirped, probably too quickly. "Leaders picture."

Arwen made a mental note to ask the yearbook kids if that could be done to cover her lie.

Arwen walked quickly beside Eddie until they had left the cafeteria, standing in a darkened hallway. Silence fell over the two of them as Arwen searched for her words. After a minute's passed and no words were said, Eddie decided he would be the one to break the silence.

"So.. I know you're not in yearbook." Eddie stated, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. "Just wanted to see me?"

"You tell no one about what happened." Arwen pointed at him, "It was a one time thing. It won't happen again."

Eddie laughed, looking down at his feet and raising his hands. "Cross my heart, Arwen."

Arwen nodded to herself. "I mean it."

"I know, I won't tell a soul." He pushed himself from the wall, stepping forward to look down at her, "Not a soul."

"I meant that it won't happen again." Arwen's voice was stern, but less than believable. "Never."

Eddie remained silent, his eyes trained on her lips. "Never say never, sweetheart."

~~

a/n; chapter one, kinda shitty and short but hey!! sorry about that haha