Chapter 4

|Arthur Pov - Flashback - Just after the fall|

I was in a room with mirrors covering the walls and ceiling, what was particular about these mirrors is that they didn't reflect me... or at least me now. In the mirrors was the reflection of Kind Grey with his dull blond hair, pale skin, and cold lifeless eyes, MY cold lifeless eyes.

 "What do you want?" I asked my reflection in a menacing tone. My reflection's expression didn't change as he said, "How about you stop rejecting my existence and accept me." I shook my head and said, "We both know that you're different then me, and you'll soon become nothing more than a memory." He chuckled and then said, "Are we that different? I may have killed Cecilia accidentally but you... you pushed your brother off that cliff willingly only to save your own skin."

As his words echoed I remembered back to when I pushed Lucifer off the cliff, you could say that my instincts from when I was Grey kicked in but that would be a lie. It wasn't Grey who killed him. It was me... I killed him. In truth I didn't recognize my brother's existence, because of my lack of memories involving him in the moment I forgot he was my brother and not some piece I can use to better my life. 

I could hear my ears starting to ring as Grey gave a hollow smile, "Deep down you know that we are one in the same, and as you cling to that family of yours will only make it so much worse when you revert back to me." As his words ended the ringing increased to an unbearable amount, making me claw at my head trying to get it to stop. "Ahhh" I let out a scream then suddenly, I was in my bed. 

I looked out my window and thought, 'It's only an amount of time you say... No I'll never revert back to you, Never.'

(A/n before you read this next part, you should know that I enjoy when characters suffer from crippling regret because of decisions they've made sooooo.)

|Raynold Leywin - Flashback - Just After the Fall|

As I finally finished off the bandit I was fighting, I looked over to see a massive ball of water about to hit Alice, Arthur, and Lucifer. It all happened in a moment, somehow both my wife and Arthur managed to get out of the way but Lucifer wasn't so lucky. Seeing this, I should be horrified, but for some reason I'm relieved. I was relieved that it was Lucifer not Arthur... I looked over to see my wife experiencing a similar feeling. Thinking back I couldn't really remember much about our second son, he usually wasn't involved in the things we did whether it be everyday things like dinner, or going into town to get stuff. Most of my memories with him are within a month of his birth. 'Did I neglect my second son?' I asked myself, feeling guilt claw it's way through my body, leaving a whole in my conscience. 

 I stumbled over to my wife and kneeled down next to her, but even then I could get my mind off my second son. "What have we done..." I heard my wife mumble through sobs. "We completely forgot about his existence, and now... he's gone." I heard, and turned to see Arthur looking at himself with shock. Only then could I fully accept it, we had neglected Lucifer and unintentionally made him an outsider to our family. I looked to my wife's belly and resolved myself, 'I won't make this mistake again.'

Little did they know, that there first mistake will contribute to their continent downfall, as well as the deaths of thousands.

|Lucifer POV - Present time - Xyrus Academy|

As me and Sylvie were arriving at Xyrus we made sure to alter our appearance as Sylvie had horns, and I still shared some resemblance to the Leywins. Sylvie for the most part kept her appearance and just removed her horns, while I changed my black hair to white and made my eyes a pale blue color to directly contrast my normal appearance. Sylvie looked at me for a second before pouting, "I liked your black hair and red eyes better." I just sighed, "Me too Sylv, me too." 

The we approached the guards and showed our adventure's license. Sylvie then turned to me and asked, "Do you know what direction Xyrus Academy is in? We only have about 30 minutes before orientation." I nodded and pointed in the direction of the academy, and as we walked to the academy, I was explaining our situation to Sylvie, "Remember to limit you cores output to that of a silver core, and no matter what, make sure you don't kill any bratty nobles or it'll be a pain in the ass to deal with." She just nodded to my words half hazardly and continue walking.

After about 5 more minutes of me explaining the rules to my girlfriend we reached the front gates of Xyrus Academy. "Why is it so needlessly big?" Sylvie asked in confusion. "Not sure, but if you think this is extra then look over there." I said as I pointed to to the road where hundreds of overly extravagant carriages were dropping noble kids. "Why are they so Weak" Sylvie asked looking over to the students of the supposed greatest magic academy in all of Dicathen. "Sylv, there lessers. Being weak is just what they do." I said as we made our way to the front counter. 

The woman working there then said, "Please place you dominant hand of this ball the fill out this sheet." Doing as she asked, I placed my hand on the crystal ball while replicating the mana signature of a solid silver core, with affinity for fire and lightning. Getting the expected result looked over to see the lady at the counter trebling in shock. Ignoring her I filled out the sheet and asked for my school ID. "O-of course, sorry for the wait." She said as she broke out of her shock. After receiving my ID I walked into the school to Sylv about to send a noble to God, "Hey Sylv, what are you doing?" I asked in a not so friendly tone. 'It's been two minutes, just two and you almost kill a student.' I thought with a sigh. 

Sylvie just pouted and dropped the student, "If he wasn't here, you'd be dead." Sylvie said while releasing a large amount of killing intent. Following which she walked over to me and just said, "He tried to hit on me," "I regret saving his ass." I curtly replied as we made our way to the venue of the orientation. 'Well, here comes school life...' I thought with a sign as we entered the venue.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

A lot of this was written on my iPad so sorry for any mistakes you find. Also you guys wanted Sylvie to be a student so that's what you got.