Chapter 8

After our little scuffle ended our professor turned to the class and introduced herself.

"Hello everyone, and welcome to Team-Fighting Mechanics 1. My name is Professor Glory and I'll be your instructor for this semester!"

Then turning towards the bird next to her she continued.

"And this Flare Hawk, is my bond, torch."

I couldn't help but chuckle at her lack of naming creativity, which seemed to pisser her off as she said.

"Honestly I didn't know what to expect when I was told that a 1st year was going to be teaching the PMM class, now I most say your quite the character~"

Her words seemed to cause an uproar as almost every upperclassman started to complain about how that was unfair, and how I was unfit for the position. One upperclassman seemed particularly angry as he asked.

"Professor Glory is that really true?"

See that they took the bait she smirked and nodded.

"Yes, not only is Alex a 1st year disciplinary officer, but he also was appointed the new professor of PMM by the director herself."

Her words only seemed to throw fuel on the fire, as they started shouting about how it was unfair. And then finally, using that momentum she put me in the position I am now. 

"I'd like to announce the start of the team mock battle with Arthur, Clair, and Curtis VS Tessia, Clive, and Alexander! Begin!"

Looking at my two teammates heading off in their own directions, I look forward towards Arthur.

'So annoying!'

'At least you get a chance to beat up your brother."

My annoyance must have reached Sylvie somehow as she commented.

'Ya sure I could beat him up, but I want to completely destroy him when he's at his best.'

After saying that I dug my foot into the ground and launched myself in Arthur's direction. As I reached about 10m away from him I pulled out my sword to meet his.

"!!!"

I was surprised to see that his blade actually blocked my own, without being cut through.

"Maybe this will be interesting..."

As we stared at each other for a second Arthur released his intent causing most of the students to flinch.

"You call that intent?"

I asked with a chuckle as I let my aether run rampant. 

"No, this, is intent."

Then releasing the full force of my  pressure, I got to watch in amusement as everyone except Sylvie struggled to move, even professor Glory's bird almost fell out of the sky. Looking back towards Arthur I noticed that he was doing better than the others as he quickly regained his bearings and charged at me. 

I quickly learned that in terms of pure swordplay I was quite lacking, only being able to keep up because of my stronger physics. 

'Ha, losing to him when he's not going all out. Don't make me laugh.'

I dug my heel into the earth as I managed to create some distance in between us. Then holding out my hand I created hundreds of blue flames, and launched them at him periodically. 

"What in the hell?"

After around five minutes of taking my spells he managed to create some sort of barrier capable of stopping the fire. Have peaked my interest I used a small amount of aether to scan his surrounds, only to find that he'd taken out the substances needed for fire to burn.

'Well I've still got my ice.'

Raising my hand once again I created hundreds of ice weapons and launched them at him, when I realized something.

'He's focusing on casting a spell behind me.'

I quickly turned around, expecting to find some sort of ultimate spell, but instead however I was met with the battle in between the royals, with Arthur creating a wall of ice to block a spell prince Curtis used.

'She fell unconscious mid fight?'

Realizing the situation I used some of my emitter abilities to make sure that they didn't die, Arthur by becoming a pin cushion, and the princess by getting hit with a shit ton of mana. 

'Well, not yet at least.'

But just because I healed them doesn't mean that I healed them fully. I only did enough to make sure there wouldn't be any permanent damage, leaving them in a still bloody state. 

'After all why'd I miss a chance to cause that brat pain, and even get a favor from the eleven royalty.'

I picked up the now unconscious Arthur and walked over to Professor Glory who was tending to the princess. Then dropping him right next to her I said.

"I've healed them both enough so there won't be any permanent damage, but I'll only finish the process when their awake."

Professor Glory look at me in worry and asked.

"Is there some sort of danger that comes with healing them now?"

I shook my head.

"For Arthur, I just want him to learn his lesson through pain. And as for the princess, I have no obligation to heal her for free, so if her parents want to speed up her recovery then it'll cost them a pretty penny."

Then, leaving the stunned professor I walked over to Sylvie who looked at my blankly.

"Was that really necessary?"

I shrugged.

"I'm not running a charity."

And with that we left the venue, walking in the direction of our dorm. 

"Wait, don't we have one more class?"

I looked over to Sylvie.

"You want to sit through another boring lecture?"

She shook her head.

"Good point."

And after that we spent the rest of our day, blissfully cuddling. 

~THE END~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(A/n And next chapter he blatantly insults Royalty, lol)