Paul McCartney's Concert: The Greatest Experience of My Life

Alright, so basically everything positive thing we've ever heard about Paul McCartney is 100 percent true. In person, he really does seem like the nicest, most genuine, humble, and somehow normal guy who simply loves music and his family. He put on such a great show, and he made it seem like it was just you and him in the room. So much so that I truly feel like I've met him.

He was so energetic, too. Literally, just like his Beatle self. He even did the famous Beatle jump after he bowed at the end! I cannot believe he's almost 80, because he doesn't act like it at all.

And, I'm not going to lie, I cried like a baby when he first came onstage...and when he sang Maybe I'm Amazed and Something, basically because of the pictures they showed of Paul and his kids and the other Beatles.

Anyways, here's a few things I'd like to share about the concert we went to in Knoxville, TN. :-)

When we got to the venue, we had to wait outside, but we actually got to hear Paul rehearsing inside! We thought it was a recording, but then we heard them messing around a bit and we realized that we were literally hearing him practice, which was magical.

Something that was also cool was the fact that Nancy was at the concert. When Paul introduced My Valentine, he said that he wanted to dedicate it to Nancy, who was in the audience.

He was also super funny and quirky. He would do his little dances between songs and such, which had us all laughing. He read everyone's signs in the front, and then joked around with them. And then when he was telling his stories, the people in front kept yelling at him and saying they loved him, so he pretended that he was going to jump out into the crowd, and then proceeded to look at them and say in his comical voice that he loved them, too. And he told one guy that kept yelling at him that they should just have a conversation right then and there. Another funny moment was when he said that when he plays his old Beatle songs all the phones light up because everyone loves them, and he thinks it looks like a galaxy of stars, but when he plays his newer stuff no one gets their phones out, so it ends up looking like a black hole.

Gosh, he really was a sweetheart, though. He kept saying how nice of a crowd Knoxville was, and he genuinely seemed grateful and touched that everyone loved him so much, even after all the years he's been famous. And then when it was time to go, he sounded just like a dad, because he told us that there comes a time when he has to go home and it sort of coincides with the time we have to. Of course, then he played the Abbey Road Medley. He really did seem like an average person, though. So much so, that I couldn't believe that I'd just seen Paul McCartney, because the guy onstage didn't act like he was a legend. He just acted like a really nice guy.

All of that to say, I now love Paul McCartney a million times more. He was so much nicer than even I thought he would be, and I was aware that he was a good guy. He is such a gift from God.

Okay, now I'll put a few pictures. :-D

 :-D