Chapter 2: A Few Adjustments

Roman's POV

     "Are you really sure about this Roman?" Patton asked, nervously fidgeting as he waited with us. Patton, Logan, Emile, and I were waiting at the front of the school for the kids from the isle to arrive. Safe to say the air was a bit tense. "It doesn't matter if I'm sure about this, Patton. It needs to be done." I sighed, rocking back and forth on my feet as I watched down the road.

     They'd be here any minute now.

     I could feel Patton watching me. It was the first time my answer to the question he had been asking me for the past week changed. Usually I told him I was completely sure about this choice, even though at times I wasn't. I wish he would have more faith in me. I wish my parents had more faith in me... I wish I had more faith in myself. Still, I knew I was right about this. It wasn't fair to sentence those kids to a punishment they didn't deserve.

     "I'm actually excited about this." Emile piped up, much to my relief. Emile was the only one who seemed to really agree with my idea. He was ecstatic at the chance to help the people from the Isle, which made sense since his dream was to become a therapist. "I can't wait to meet them and see what they're like! They'll need as much help as we can give, for sure. Lots of patience, lots of reassurance and encouragement!" He cheered.

     "Just make sure not to smother them." Logan interjected. Logan was neutral about my plan as far as I knew. He had his doubts, but he understood my reasoning. To be honest I think he's curious to see how this will go. Really this is ideal, to have someone all for my idea and willing to help, someone against the idea (even though he's my best friend) and able to keep an eye out for anything going wrong, and someone completely unbiased.

     "Have you even told Coraline about this?" Patton asked me. "He doesn't tell Coraline anything to be fair." Logan pointed out. Rude, calling me out like this, honestly. Who does he think he is? "I have, actually. I told her not to get involved, to just avoid them. She thinks it's for her safety, but to be honest it's for theirs." Roman explained.

     "Yeah... She isn't the nicest person." Patton admitted. "Exactly. Like, I know you're not a fan of my decision, Pat. However, I know you're too nice to not welcome these people even if you don't fully trust them." Roman explained. "Yeah... I'll try my best to give them the benefit of the doubt. You are right about it not being their fault that their parents are evil... but you can't blame me for being weary. One of them is the son of the woman that tried to kill my Mom." Patton admitted. "I know, and I don't blame you." I assured him. Before anything else could be said on the matter, however, the limo arrived.

     Virgil's POV

     (Warning for swears and inappropriate humour.)

     "Remus, for evil's sake, stop it!" I pleaded as Remus tore the limo's leather seat. "What? It's not like they don't deserve it. These snobs being driven around in fancy limos, then they have the nerve to bring us here?" Remus complained. "Remus, I don't like this anymore than you do, but just think about what we might accomplish. If we free our parents, free the Isle of the Lost, then we'll become the rulers of this world, and we'll live in luxury rather than poverty. Surely that must be worth it." Janus persuaded. "Yeah, I guess. It's just frustrating is all." Remus huffed.

     I sighed and flipped through my mother's spell book to see if I could fix the material. "Alright... let's see..." I muttered before casting a mending spell. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. I mean, it did fix the seat, but now the seat is purple. "Ooooh! That's cool!" Remus cheered. "We're going to be sent back home before we can even set foot on Auradon." I groaned, covering my face and leaning back in my seat. "It should be fine." Remy dismissed. I just stared at him, unconvinced.