Chapter 13: Why One Does Learn Goodness

Remus's POV

     When the Fairy God Mother entered the class, I sat up and paid her my full attention. "Hello everyone, how are you liking Auradon so far?" She asked politely. "It's okay I guess." Virgil muttered. "Yeah..." Remy agreed, looking at Patton and smiling before realizing he was doing that and looking away. "I guess it's okay." He murmured, causing Patton to giggle. "It's very... confusing..." Janus stated. "I really don't understand this place, it's so... Different from the Isle." He admitted. "

"I like it here! I hated this place at first, but now I really like it." I told her happily. "I'm glad! Has Logan been treating you well?" She replied kindly. "He has!" I confirmed before giggling. "Yes, mother. I've been doing my best to make him feel welcomed." Logan also confirmed. "He's a little too good at it really. I'm still trying to beat him to holding a door open." I admitted with a small laugh. "Well my little stardust is a gentlemen." The Fairy Godmother commented, causing Logan to blush in embarrassment. "Mom." He complained. "Stardust?" I asked, looking at Logan in confusion.

     "It's my nickname for him, he's always loved the stars." Logan's mother explained. "Stars are pretty." I agreed. "I think it's a great nickname!" I then cheered without really thinking that through. Logan's mother giggled while Logan's blush brightened. "But I'll probably stick to Logie since you chose that nickname already." I decided.

"You two do seem to be getting along." She commented. "We had a rough start, but yes." Logan agreed. "Don't feel too bad. I start rough with everyone." Remus dismissed. "The only person I started well with was Jannie here and that's just cause I saved his a- I mean, saved him from people that were mad at his Dad." I added, correcting myself when I nearly swore.

After that, Logan's mom passed us our assignments, and Logan began to help me with mine. It didn't make a lot of sense, but Logan helped me through it like he did last time, and that made it a lot easier. Especially since he would agree with me when I pointed out that it didn't make sense, and then he'd start talking about the philosophy behind everything, and then I'd just listen to him instead of doing the work. Sure, I guess we got off track a lot so it took longer, but listening to him ramble on and on about this stuff helped me to actually understand it. So when I did focus on the work, I got it done a lot faster.

As I did my work, I noticed that Logan was smiling. Not subtly like he usually did, but real smiling. I felt my heart flutter and smiled, feeling as if I had made some big achievement, even though all I did was listen to him. "I like listening to you talk." I told him, wanting to see him smile more. His cheeks went red, and he did indeed smile more, which made me grin. "Thank you, Remus. I'm glad you like to listen to me." Logan replied, fidgeting with Rocky's leash.

I giggled, feeling giddy as I looked fondly at him. "Your eyes are like stars..." I sighed, leaning on my desk. "What?" He asked, his smile falling into a look of surprise. I tensed, realizing what I said. The others were probably looking at me... They probably thought I sounded stupid... "I... uh..." I stammered, feeling my stomach twist and turn as I rubbed the end of my pencil against my scalp. "Your tie is superb." I corrected, looking back down at my work, which was suddenly far more interesting. "Oh, thank you." Logan replied hesitantly. I could see Janus glaring towards us in the corner of my eye.

Great. Now he's gone into protective parental friend mode.

Virgil's POV
(Warning for: Mentions of possible Homophobia)

"Sooo... How was your day yesterday?" Roman asked, interrupting my process of glaring at my work. I was trying to see if it would light on fire if I glared at it long enough. Mom did that once, it was pretty awesome.

"Fine I guess." I sighed, leaning back in my chair and giving up on practicing magic. It would probably just make things harder for Roman anyways, and I was trying to stay in his good side. "I made friends with Mulan's kid, he was pretty cool. He helped me make the cookies, and I styled his hair." I added. "Oh I saw his new hair do!" Roman cheered. "I didn't know you were the one that styled it, that's amazing!" Roman cheered. "Eh, I'm not as good as Janus when it comes to hair, but I'm good enough." I dismissed. "But... Janus's hair is all under a hat." Roman pointed out. "Oh, that just a dumb rule his Mom has." I explained. "Ah, I see..." Roman commented, chuckling before looking back at me.