Chapter 17: Mutiny

Remy's POV
(More a heads up than a warning: Patton's still going through the aftermath of a depressive episode at the start of the chapter, but the start of the chapter is mostly telling not showing to get to the next scene so it's not talked about too much.)

It was strange, seeing Patton like that. I didn't think Auradon kids could get that upset.

He stayed quiet for awhile afterwards, only speaking to thank Emile for the snacks, and to apologize for making a scene. "It's fine, Pat." Remus huffed, rolling his eyes at Patton. "Heck, these two know that if any of the three of us were carried somewhere we didn't want to be, we'd throw a fit too." He dismissed. "I guess..." Patton murmured.

Right... Remus was the one that dragged Patton here in the first place. I remembered, feeling frustrated with Remus for this. We had just been walking back to his dorm after he helped me with the outfits, and suddenly Remus had ran up to us, grabbed Patton, and ran off without a word. As much as I wanted to be pissed off about that; which, I don't know whether or not I should feel that way, but I do; I needed to keep the waters calm. Janus, Remus, and I would have to work together if we were going to convince Virgil to drop the plan... Even then it'll be difficult.

I tried my best to comfort Patton, but he seemed to just become more closed off when I did. Logan sat down on his bed with the books beside him while Emile sat on his own bed, setting up something on his tablet.

"Alright... We're going to start these tutoring sessions by finding out your learning styles. I believe I already have an idea of Remus's, but we'll have to figure out what works for the rest of you." Logan began. "We're going to try going through various lessons, and try different learning styles to see what works." He continued.

And so, we began studying, and I actually cooperated, tried my best to learn the material they were teaching. I noticed Janus and Remus doing the same, as Emile worked with Patton and Janus, and Logan worked with Remus and I.

Occasionally, Patton would light up when he understood something I was having trouble with, and he became more involved and put in more effort the more this happened. So, I began to purposely not understand things that I knew he already had understanding of, hoping this would encourage him. Once he seemed to finally be himself again, I started helping him as well when he was having difficulty. He seemed much more relaxed as I did, albeit embarrassed.

Remus seemed to benefit the most from working with things hands on, or learning things through visual presentations that Emile had created. For Janus, it seemed being given verbal instructions and showing him examples was the most helpful. For me, I was pretty good at understanding things the way school taught it, even if the subject matter itself was confusing. Patton was good at helping me with that, however, explaining why we needed to learn this stuff wasn't a problem for him.

When we finished, Logan and Emile packed everything up and thanked us for coming. Honestly, I would have been fine staying there all night, but... They weren't insomniacs like I was, and I needed to talk to the other two before Virgil returned.

"Well then, goodbye gorgeous. I'll see ya tomorrow." I told Patton, smirking as he giggled and blushed. "I'll see you as well, handsome." Patton returned. I could feel myself blush from his comment, something I wasn't used to, and I could feel Janus and Remus stare at me in suspicion as I cleared my throat. "Yep." I agreed, cringing at my own voice crack as I left the dorm.

"What was that about?" Remus asked as he followed me out, Janus following behind him. Patton stayed behind to talk to Emile, so it was just us walking down the hall. "Nothing, don't worry about it." I dismissed. "I've never seen you get flustered before." Janus commented, causing me to sigh. "We can talk about this when we get to your dorm." I muttered. "Oh?" Remus asked, a grin appearing on his face. "What is it exactly that you're wanting to talk about?" Janus asked with a growing smirk.