039

Part 039 (Narration)

Marchienne.

I stood in front of the Skinny Bridge, feeling my hair sway behind me. Supposedly, I was to meet up with Markus around 3 in the afternoon, however, it came to my attention that I had to go and visit somewhere for a gift. It would be my mother's birthday in a month, and I was planning to send the gift to Manila this week. Hopefully umabot.

So, we agreed na gabi na lang. And right now, it was already quarter to nine in the evening. I left Silas at the hotel since he was with Saniel—probably he would later accompany him around the city to vlog dahil baka mawala na naman ang bata. And speaking of vlogging, my last clip for the Amsterdam vlog—scheduled to be up by next week—was still back when I picked an outfit the other night. Naputol na roon 'yung clip because who would've thought I'd get wasted so badly as the night ages and wake up in a stranger's hotel room?

In a panic, I whipped my camera out of my sling bag. I angled the shot widely just enough to catch the sun kissing the water body. I was in the middle of filming when a figure suddenly accompanied me at the side.

"Wow. You really are a vlogger."

"Oh, Jesus!" Napatalon ako sa gulat. I didn't even notice na I was already pointing the camera to the man. His blue eyes caught me. I blinked thrice before I managed to stop the video. "Sorry. I will just cut that out."

"Hi." The man chuckled. "It's okay."

"Anyway, I assume..." I trailed off, "you're Markus."

His thin-line smile was enough to answer my question. Hindi siya kumibo, bagkus ay inilagay niya lamang ang isang palad niya sa loob ng bulsa ng itim niyang slacks. It was... kind of unusual to see a man wearing a suit and tie in Amsterdam.

And blue eyes and hazel hair? He's probably French. I was right.

Mukhang napansin niyang nakatitig ako sa suit niya kaya maging ang mata niya'y bumaba rito. "Oh, sorry for the weird outfit. I had a spontaneous fine dinner with mother," he responded now—evident was his French accent. I was right.

Amused, I answered, "It's okay."

"Here's the flash drive."

I smiled upon accepting. "Thanks."

"And I have something to give you, by the way." He laughed.

Nanlaki ang mata ko. I shook both of my hands in disapproval. Nakakahiya! "Oh, you don't have to—"

"It's okay. I feel really guilty for leaving you unattended that morning," he said before... I saw a bouquet of yellow tulips. My lips parted, lost for words. I have... two bouquets of tulips now.

"This is not a romantic gift, a disclaimer." A chuckle, once again, escaped his lips. "I just really don't know what to give you. I think it's... a bit off? To ask a favor from a woman without providing anything in return. So, I just hoped you don't have a pollen allergy."

I blinked. Okay.

What's with boys and their choice of peace offerings these days?

I coughed and bit my lower lip, stifling a laugh. He's funny. "It's fine! Don't worry! I love tulips," I answered before accepting the mini bouquet. Nakakaloka. I offered by hand and smiled. "Marchienne, by the way."

He blinked for a couple of seconds before a smile slowly formed on his face. "I see. Nice to meet you, Marchienne."

I stuck my lower lip out in confusion. "Do you find my name funny?" Because he was stifling a laugh! I was sure of it!