087

Part 087 (Narration)

Silas.

Saniel was already sleeping beside me.

My head turned to look at the antique wooden clock sitting right next to a wall. It was one of those which made some literal tick tock noises... that sounded as if something horror six feet under the ground was ready to summon me. God forbid the night had been more bothering than usual.

One in the morning.

Stressed, I stood up and wore my black trench coat. Maybe a walk outside would help. Before going out, I tucked Saniel under the comforter and placed my pillow on his side para hindi siya lamigin.

I opened the door, about to head out, when I spot Kiesha... outside of hers. She fumbled with her keys while a cup of coffee was sitting on her palm.

The second I closed my door, her head turned to me.

She stopped.

We stared at each other for a while. The silence across the empty hallways felt deafening.

I saw how Kiesha's lips swung open. I didn't even blink because I thought she might say something... but in the end, she only pursed them before giving me a smile of an angel.

So I only twitch a corner of my lips upward before finally locking the door... and walking away.

☾  ✈︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

It was already two in the morning when I decided to go back to the hotel.

But I stopped my tracks when I saw Kiesha outside her room.

"What..." I muttered lowly to myself.

She was... leaning her back against the door while nibbling on her thumb's nail, idly looking down.

"Kiesha?" I greeted as I walked toward her. Her gaze automatically met mine as I stood in front of her. "You're still here? Are you... waiting for something?"

For an hour?

Kiesha only stared at me, lips slightly parted as if she was meaning to say something... but still couldn't.

So puzzling.

"It's two-thirty in the morning," I rasped. "Do you... need anything? Maybe I can help so you can sleep."

There was silence.

She pursed her lips before heaving a deep breath as she looked down again. My eyes blinked in an instant, feeling something cold rush lance through me. It felt terrifying to see her like this—I would prefer her usual sarcastic side rather.

I let out a shaky breath. "You can tell me if you need anything—"

"I'm sorry."

I stilled.

Kiesha remained staring at me as she fumbled with her card key. All of a sudden, all I could see was her eyes watering and her cheeks tinting red while breathing heavily.

My heart skipped a beat, terrified of the idea she was close to having panic attacks. What was happening? "Kiesha, what's happening—"

"I'm sorry..." said Kiesha shakily. Her eyes watered more, lips trembling to a pout. "Silas... I'm sorry. I really am. I-I didn't mean to... I understand—I understand that you're..."